Dyno in Edinburgh or near

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

V8andTurbos

Car
MK5 Golf GTI + C63 AMG
My C63 is running a eurocharged remap. Should be around 520+ bhp. Car feels fast but not sure if it's 500+ bhp fast. Think there's a possibility the map could have been wiped by MB.

Want to take the car to have a dyno run to measure power but not aware of any good dyno operators in or around Edinburgh. Any recommendations?

Long time ago 10yrs ish Dastek used to have a Dyno.

Not sure if they still do.

Long time ago 10yrs ish Dastek used to have a Dyno.

Not sure if they still do.

Dastek in dalgety bay? Seen them on Google. Will call them tomorrow. Any experiances with them?

Dastek in dalgety bay? Seen them on Google. Will call them tomorrow. Any experiances with them?

Aye that's them

Went along to a dyno day they had for hondas back in the day and it was fine from what I can remember.

Alot changes in 10yr though, so do some research as to how they are now.:thumb:

Aye that's them

Went along to a dyno day they had for hondas back in the day and it was fine from what I can remember.

Alot changes in 10yr though, so do some research as to how they are now.:thumb:

HQ performance in dalgety bay.. The mapper Russ Paton is a good lad

^^^ same place, became HQ but same people running it, Russ has a good reputation and a nicer man you'll never meet. I'm literally 5 mins drive away, been meaning to get a dyno run but never got round to it!

Just been to HQ, had a good experience with them and pretty reasonable costwise for the input. Should be pics on their FB page as someone was taking pics.

Well nothing personal but you can be a bit " Sharp " sometimes !! or perhaps it is just when you do a rolling road day? and like it or not you do have a bit of a name for being a bit grumpy !!!

Quote... http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=301246

" I have heard that Jim can be a bit 'grumpy' in his off days "

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies. Think I'm just going to make a trip up to Wallace performance & have the ecu reflashed with the EC software. Around 2 hrs away & some nice roads I think. Even if the car still has the map will be a nice day trip regardless

Go and see Gerry at HQ. Great dynos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom