Dyno mode

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Myclk55amg, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Myclk55amg

Myclk55amg Member

Car:
    Mercedes clk 55 amg
    So I was told the other day about be able to put my car into dyno mode. Have any of you guys done this? Am I missing out by not driving it in this mode?. I've heard it turns the power steering off,abs, and it turns the traction control off completely, it sounds like fun!!!

Last edited: Mar 9, 2017
  2. Alps

Alps MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E55 2004 Silver, E63 Weistec AMG(SOLD), E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
    Only if you want to end up in a ditch!

I wouldn't advise it... dyno use only!

3. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    Google it, the information is all there... but as above don't try driving around with all driving aids switched off... this is for dyno only, not even for track. Some call it Suicide Mode which is a bit of an exaggeration, but there's a real risk that in mild to extreme circumstances (e.g. having to stop and swerve etc) and the car will spin out of control.

4. PobodY

PobodY MB Enthusiast

Car:
    CLK350 Sport, Nissan GTiR
    As above, it's only meant to be used when the car is strapped to a dyno to allow operation without the electronics disrupting the run. - It's not meant for driving on a road or track.

Just turn the ESP off; that's normally enough to make the experience more exciting without becoming dangerous. - I frequently turn mine off if I don't want it cutting the throttle due to wheelspin when I'm trying to make a quick turn.

5. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    YouTube is full of 'Epic Fail' clips with sport car drivers showing-off in a straight line then spinning out of control for no obvious reason. See for example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q1lgJ7G2KaY

Check 0:32 to 0:47, and also 1:00 to 1:20 etc (there are others as well...), the drivers take-off and the car then seems to have a mind of its own. They are not simply bad drivers - they would have switched off all of the driver aids in order to maximise the show effect, and were not expecting that a mild imbalance in power distribution on a powerful car will send them spinning.

6. Tim203

Tim203 Active Member

I was watching that earlier and I totally agree with you. It was as if the cars went 'light' as if they were going very fast. Very strange how the brakes just didn't seem to work when one guy went into the crowd and knocked that lady over.

Tags: