Dyno Result

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

E55MO

Car
C63 AMG 2009
So I took my E55 to a dyno in Crawley, West Sussex.

They managed to extract a figure of 440bhp.....

This does not seem to be right. I suspect I have an issue with the pump or heat exchange as the S/C will turn off very quickly, after one strong run at times...

I will upload the dyno graph later tonight..

Any thoughts

How many miles has the car done? how well has it been serviced?

I am only in Redhill.

I guess I could try to get a comparison, mine is a stock car.

Has the car got a standard SC pump or upgrade Johnson pump fitted?

Most E55 I know that have been on a dyno failed due to cooling issues...unless upgrade pump is fitted (or upgrade MB pump)...most indys charge about £200 fitted for Johnson pump. If its still fails after this, then I would look at a full system flush, then possible upgrade Eurocharged H/exchanger.

This does not seem to be right. I suspect I have an issue with the pump or heat exchange as the S/C will turn off very quickly, after one strong run at times...

Any thoughts

Any thoughts

Have a good old read through my thread on the Achilles heel of the 55 platform
http://www.mbclub.co.uk/forums/amg-lounge/160285-55k-cooling-upgrade.html

The SC turning off after a WOT run is typical of the IC pump failing or has failed this is to safeguard the engine from heat damage.

Not sure if your referring to wheel or crank horse power but if you are experiencing the SC disengage then you are losing lots of power at the top end as the timing retards in stages up to the over-fuelling stage to cool the pistons prior to the final stage of disengagement of the SC.

Typo in my original post..i meant IC pump!:doh:

Gingers link is pretty extensive to explain all:thumb:

Has the car got a standard SC pump or upgrade Johnson pump fitted?

Most E55 I know that have been on a dyno failed due to cooling issues...unless upgrade pump is fitted (or upgrade MB pump)...most indys charge about £200 fitted for Johnson pump. If its still fails after this, then I would look at a full system flush, then possible upgrade Eurocharged H/exchanger.

I am only in Redhill.

I guess I could try to get a comparison, mine is a stock car.

On a tangent, I hadn't realised that I wasn't aline in the area. I'll keep an eye open.

Anyway, going back to my Austec question. I ask because the Maha brand of dyno's can be "harsh", much like Dyno Dynamics.

The car is stock, currently showing 92000 miles with a decent service history im 2000 miles off a b service.

I live in Redhill and yes Austec was the place i took it.

The Heat Exchange and I/C pump and going to be upgraded by MSL or Eurocharged (one and the same)

The figure i have on the read out does not state wheel or crank (wheels i guess including 15/20%???)

I am currently suffering with a battery drain. Had the car at TM Motors who thought they had solved the problem tracing it to the Dome Light £600 and 6 days later im in the same boat again. I work in London and Esher so when im in London (which has been all week so far) i dont drive in the 3 days the car has sat in the garage boom dead battery...

Im terms of Service I will be doing the service myself, i have the parts from mercedes oil filter, air filter pollen filter spak plugs Mobile 5W50 Mobil Oil seems pretty easy to do??

On a tangent, I hadn't realised that I wasn't aline in the area. I'll keep an eye open.

Anyway, going back to my Austec question. I ask because the Maha brand of dyno's can be "harsh", much like Dyno Dynamics.

Interesting you say that. I previously had a E60 M5 which i took to Austec and that pulled a figure bang on the 505bhp mark that was on its first Pull...

Where abouts in the deadhill area are you guys i must admit ive never seen another E55 around??:dk:

I'm in Earlswood. I haven't seen a 55 at all, or many performance Merc's but, I know that I'm the only white C63 coupe in the area so, I should be easy to spot. There's a black one that I know of, Salfords I believe but no idea if they're on the forum. Also a black pre-FL C63 saloon has popped up recently.

Nice to know you guys are around. I'm planning a dyno run soon for mine pre/post tune.

Last edited:
head up to MSL and do a before and after run.

btw ; - 0w\40 mobil1 is recommended

I had MSL do a dyno run on my (allegedly remapped to 525 bhp, but that's b*****s) '03 E55K. It gave 415.4 bhp (and 458.79 lb.ft. torque) at the wheels, which Acid computed to be 480-ish bhp and 530-ish lb. ft. at the flywheel. If it HAS been remapped, it gained almost nothing (an extra 4 bhp, and the torque figure is pretty much spot-on); I suspect it is just a good example of the stock engine.

E55MO, if yours is making 440 bhp at the wheels, that suggests a flywheel figure of about 512 bhp at the flywheel. That would be far from stock. I suspect 440 bhp is the computed flywheel figure.

Mines black and running round the Redhill area with the plate OD04 OOD. I have recently replaced my I/C pump for a stock so I don't get any more cut out from the supercharger.

I'm in Earlswood. I haven't seen a 55 at all, or many performance Merc's but, I know that I'm the only white C63 coupe in the area so, I should be easy to spot. There's a black one that I know of, Salfords I believe but no idea if they're on the forum. Also a black pre-FL C63 saloon has popped up recently.

Nice to know you guys are around. I'm planning a dyno run soon for mine pre/post tune.

I am also in Earlswood. I have seen a black merc v8 drive past my place never had a chance to see reg or model.

head up to MSL and do a before and after run.

btw ; - 0w\40 mobil1 is recommended

I brought that but then I was recommended to use 5w40

The I was going to return the oil tomorrow shall keep it now. just need the tool to get the oil filter off.

The E55 amg is soo much easier to service than the M5 that needed to be connected to a computer to get all the oil out... anyone around redhill willing to lend a hand I would be grateful :)

I had MSL do a dyno run on my (allegedly remapped to 525 bhp, but that's b*****s) '03 E55K. It gave 415.4 bhp (and 458.79 lb.ft. torque) at the wheels, which Acid computed to be 480-ish bhp and 530-ish lb. ft. at the flywheel. If it HAS been remapped, it gained almost nothing (an extra 4 bhp, and the torque figure is pretty much spot-on); I suspect it is just a good example of the stock engine.

E55MO, if yours is making 440 bhp at the wheels, that suggests a flywheel figure of about 512 bhp at the flywheel. That would be far from stock. I suspect 440 bhp is the computed flywheel figure.

I think you are right. I did not ask for the what was handed to be must have been the computed figure..

Mines black and running round the Redhill area with the plate OD04 OOD. I have recently replaced my I/C pump for a stock so I don't get any more cut out from the supercharger.

Never realised there was soo many of us around...

Do you guys go to the bluewater meet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom