Dyno'd car , but considering a map.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andybond

Car
Exige S
Hello all ,

First post here , so please be gentle !

I have a c63 , with Performance Pack Plus , a Quaife diff and the later engine. Also its got a secondary cat delete.

I have run it on a trusted persons dyno - a dyno dynamics set of rollers , and it returned 511.1hp and 457ibft of torque. This was run 5 times and was only a HP out either way on those runs .

My car has not been mapped.

What sort of figures would I expect if I were to invest in a eurocharged map ? Any ideas ? Is it worth it ?

Am I right in saying it will just change the parameters of the engine and nothing will change in the box ?

Regards

Andy

Welcome, this has been covered many times before, so you can either search for it, or I'm sure some of the C63 guys will be along soon to help you, my two penneth worth would be Acid at MSL Birmingham or perhaps DMS based in Southampton.

Hi fella ,

The question wast really who to go and see , more a case of what gains would I expect over what I have as my engine seems quite strong ?

I have been reading about msl and eurocharged and their great reputation. I just want to align my expectation with reality on the car

I understand the C63 with PPP should have 487bhp from the factory, so it could be that yours is just a very strong unmapped engine.
Having a V5 Eurocharged map opens the throttle and lifts the speed limiter to 186mph but I don't think the PPP gains very much in the way of BHP. (Around 520/530)
Its the non PPP cars that stand to gain more as they come with 457BHP as standard.
What most people find is that the car is more responsive and drivable with the map.

Oh, and Acid is your man if you decide to have a map.

This is the snag though fella , post 5 and 6 both said went from 48x to 520. I am 9 bhp beind that and without a map. I love my car tuning , but gaining 10 or so bhp for £800 I dont think is good value for money ;)

You're sure it's not mapped?

There are plenty of circa 500bhp OEM PPP cars out there. My first PPP ran exactly 487 before a map. My current PPP facelift ran just over 500 before a map. With a map the first car ran 520 and the second car just shy of 520, but the newer one is the faster car for whatever reason.

511 on yours I'd suggest is either down to a slightly optimistic dyno or maybe your car is mapped already. Hard to tell unless we know the dyno mode or unless we get your ecu read (Eurocharged will read your map before you get it reflashed).

What was the power at the wheels?

If you have it mapped, make sure you get a same day before and after dyno figure. That will tell you what gains are being made without any great error.

Pointless mapping the car if it has 511 stock.

Just seen you have a secondary cat delete as well.

First question: why would someone spend the money on a cat delete and quaife diff and not the map?

Your car isn't red is it?

Mapping is not all about the end bhp figure though especially if it's done by the right place

You'll find the car more driveable as the curve of the power delivery will be smoother, it'll have better throttle response and in most cases the mapper will get more torque through the whole rev range.

Be worth a conversation

Mapping is not all about the end bhp figure though especially if it's done by the right place

You'll find the car more driveable as the curve of the power delivery will be smoother, it'll have better throttle response and in most cases the mapper will get more torque through the whole rev range.

Be worth a conversation

+1

I think people get too caught up with what the maximum bhp will be after a remap. Remap changes the power/torque curve, which is why the car feels more responsive to drive around. Let's face it, most of us just tootle around the town and rarely have the chance to push the engine to the limit.

You're sure it's not mapped?

100% sure its not.

the dyno operator is a trusted one , on a heartbreaker dyno ( dyno dynamics )

Just seen you have a secondary cat delete as well.

First question: why would someone spend the money on a cat delete and quaife diff and not the map?

Your car isn't red is it?

I dont have that answer on the spending . I thought strange as well ?

Second part , red , yes.

What do you know that I dont ? Worried now !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom