Dyson cordless vacuum

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
You can bash a Henry as much as you like in home or garage...it will not fall apart.

But we're talking about cordless vacuums here. We all know Henrys are robust, semi-commercial vacuums, but they're big things with a cable and long corrugated hose, 4ft metal pipe, and they take a vacuum bag.

My little V6 hangs neatly on the wall next to our front door and is accessible in moments with zero setup or put away time. I can pick it up, hoover up a trodden crisp and put it away again in about 5 seconds flat. Race you with your Henry. :)

Yes, you can't knock it about like a henry, but we're comparing apples with oranges here.

But we're talking about cordless vacuums here. We all know Henrys are robust, semi-commercial vacuums, but they're big things with a cable and long corrugated hose, 4ft metal pipe, and they take a vacuum bag.

My little V6 hangs neatly on the wall next to our front door and is accessible in moments with zero setup or put away time. I can pick it up, hoover up a trodden crisp and put it away again in about 5 seconds flat. Race you with your Henry. :)

Yes, you can't knock it about like a henry, but we're comparing apples with oranges here.
Henry now do cordless. We haven't used a bag in ours since we got it...about 20 years or more ago.

7FBCD983-75C9-49FC-A983-8ED959279078.jpeg

My little V6 hangs neatly on the wall next to our front door and is accessible in moments with zero setup or put away time.

I prefer lil Hetty!

Do you know which model it is, or how old it is?

I can't find any neat model number reference, but it does have 'SV03' on a silver sticker on the underside and (separately, but also on the underside) '>PC< DYSON T101427 2B'. (Damn filter thing fell out again while I turned it over, obviously.) It's made of purple, grey and transparent plastic and is about 2 years old, maybe slightly more.

Guys

I need a new vacuum cleaner, and cordless appeals to me, and going on reviews, the Dyson models seem to get top marks
Do anyone of you own the V8 or V10 range of cordless vacuum cleaners?

My biggest concern is battery life, now I will rarely be using it myself, but could it be used to hoover a full 3 bedroom house which will always be in a reasonably clean state to begin with, cat hair being the exception.
Reviews are mixed on this, most seem to say it can do a full clean, but there a some who disagree.

We bought a V7 (Animal) about 4 years ago, close to 5 actually - at the time it was the best they had, now there are newer and allegedly better ones - we go a good deal because our old DC1 was to become spares obsolete so they offered a 40% Discount on any new Dyson. Also there was a £60.00 Off offer at the same time so we got it for under £200.00. I think the full price back the was £399.00!!!

About a year prior to this we had in fact bought a new Dyson, (The last of the Pre-Ball type) that were going discounted but since buying the V7 it's not been used...lol.

We have 3 Chihuahuas, but at one time we did have 4 plus a Jack Russell and it does the job nicely. Our 3-BR Semi is fully carpeted except the Kitchen, Bathroom and downstairs Loo and it manages all the upstairs and stairs and the downstairs Hallway before it dies. So just the Lounge is left. But a 30 minute charge and you can do that aswell.... This is using it just like you would a standard Dyson so you have 2 Motors being used - one for Vacuum and one for the Head.

But if you use the "Turbo" Feature it cuts down running quite a bit, I'd say by at least 60%, but I only really use this feature when using the snakey bit with the pointy bit attached. (Usually in the Car).

All I can say is that I'm happy I got it - does the job and should last years! Well, my DC1 lasted a good 13 years before the Roller stopped working - gut it still worked, just didn't "Sweep".

Henry now do cordless. We haven't used a bag in ours since we got it...about 20 years or more ago.

How do you get away with that? There's no cyclone, and even Dysons and others that use a cyclone for separation still have a final hepa filter stage. :confused:

How do you get away with that? There's no cyclone, and even Dysons and others that use a cyclone for separation still have a final hepa filter stage. :confused:
There's a big filter between the dust collection bowl and the motor.

We bought a V7 (Animal) about 4 years ago, close to 5 actually - at the time it was the best they had, now there are newer and allegedly better ones - we go a good deal because our old DC1 was to become spares obsolete so they offered a 40% Discount on any new Dyson. Also there was a £60.00 Off offer at the same time so we got it for under £200.00. I think the full price back the was £399.00!!!

About a year prior to this we had in fact bought a new Dyson, (The last of the Pre-Ball type) that were going discounted but since buying the V7 it's not been used...lol.

We have 3 Chihuahuas, but at one time we did have 4 plus a Jack Russell and it does the job nicely. Our 3-BR Semi is fully carpeted except the Kitchen, Bathroom and downstairs Loo and it manages all the upstairs and stairs and the downstairs Hallway before it dies. So just the Lounge is left. But a 30 minute charge and you can do that aswell.... This is using it just like you would a standard Dyson so you have 2 Motors being used - one for Vacuum and one for the Head.

But if you use the "Turbo" Feature it cuts down running quite a bit, I'd say by at least 60%, but I only really use this feature when using the snakey bit with the pointy bit attached. (Usually in the Car).

All I can say is that I'm happy I got it - does the job and should last years! Well, my DC1 lasted a good 13 years before the Roller stopped working - gut it still worked, just didn't "Sweep".
Perfect, just the advice I was looking for - cheers.

I've been looking at the V8 and V10, the V10 claims to have 60 minutes running time

Henry now do cordless.
I know, but its still a big bulky thing

Perfect, just the advice I was looking for - cheers.

I've been looking at the V8 and V10, the V10 claims to have 60 minutes running time

I know, but its still a big bulky thing
Yeh but, no but...

I think we might be concentrating a bit too much on run time.

In the old days, getting a big old vacuum from under the stairs was a "once a week" thing - so naturally we did the whole house. Now that we have lightweight, cordless stuff, I've noticed that we seem to do a room at a time.

The lounge gets done most often (because the deep red carpet shows anything, and the budgie spreads seed everywhere) - I tend to run round the lounge while Mrs Meldrew is making dinner. No real effort, not much noise, no problem.

I have gone through 3x Dysons, the first was reliable but subsequent ones fell apart.

I bought a 2nd hand DC04 hand held cordless for the car and it is very good but battery only last long enough to do a car.

I bought a Henry which is great but too heavy for the wife so bought a G-Tech K9, best purchase ever! So we now have Henry to do the heavy lifting, Gtech as an all rounder daily and Dyson for the car and spills!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

I have gone through 3x Dysons, the first was reliable but subsequent ones fell apart.

I bought a 2nd hand DC04 hand held cordless for the car and it is very good but battery only last long enough to do a car.

I bought a Henry which is great but too heavy for the wife so bought a G-Tech K9, best purchase ever! So we now have Henry to do the heavy lifting, Gtech as an all rounder daily and Dyson for the car and spills!

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

Just like us, you’ve also made it in life Kev, three vacs is the dream. :banana:

We bought a Shark. It is not cordless but very very good and innovative design features.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a Shark as well. Excellent vacuum cleaner.
My next door neighbour recently bought a GTech cordless and is very pleased with it.

Why not get a robot vacuum and let it do the work for you?

Ours does the downstairs every day on a schedule, and it’s great. Upstairs less often and when we want to. Coupled with a Henry for serious jobs and all the bases are covered.

Why not get a robot vacuum and let it do the work for you?

Ours does the downstairs every day on a schedule, and it’s great. Upstairs less often and when we want to. Coupled with a Henry for serious jobs and all the bases are covered.

I've got a wife for that Rob.
Runs and hides for incoming flak:D

We have three Dysons.

A DC25 mains upright that we’ve had about ten years. It’s always been ok, but nothing special. It’s also a bit like Trigger’s room: so many new parts it’s not really original anymore.

88CEB89C-568D-49EE-91B4-6DF52A89C61E.jpeg

About six years ago we bought a DC30 battery model that’s been handy for picking up crumbs off the kitchen floor (where it’s kept) and other small jobs. But the battery doesn’t hold its charge for more than about 15 minutes and there’s no indication of when it’s about to run out. Like the DC25, suction is ok but nothing special. At least nothing’s broken on it yet.

1871030F-C915-404F-8926-EFE568930DA0.jpeg

A few months ago we bought a V8. What a difference. It’s what we’ve been expecting Dysons to be like. On standard suction it’s every bit as good as the others and the battery lasts a long time - enough for routine cleaning of our 4-bed house. On max suction it’s like the turbo kicking in, though the battery doesn’t last so long of course. But it does have battery charge indicator lights so you don’t get caught out. It lives on the very handy charging bracket in our utility room, so nice and convenient when doing the car. The powered small head attachment is perfect for car carpets. How long it will last I don’t know yet, but everything looks so much more substantial that the other ones. I would recommend it.

7F4B7936-5AE8-4113-9EEE-147C552EBFBF.jpeg

We have a Dyson V6 i picked up from tesco for £130 i think and its a great little vacuum for day to day mess but at the weekends i go for the corded for a good satisfying clean.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom