E 200cdi blue efficiency

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark-E

Car
E250 cdi coupe auto BE / E220 cdi / Vito 109
Evening,
Just wondered if any body has a newish e class 200cdi?
My wife's car is approaching 3yrs old and she has an e220cdi. Not been a bad car, but she's only averaged 33mpg since she's had it. On a motorway at 65mph, it only does low 40's.

The 200 looks a tad slower on the 0-60 etc, just wondered if it's still a decent drive?

My 250cdi be coupe drives pretty smooth and I get 55 mpg odd on the motorway.

As hers is. Company car, just wanted to balance up the benefit in kind tax with a half decent drive...

Anybody even tested one ?

I just collected my new 2011 E250CDI saloon five days ago. What a great car....Why consider a E200 when with a E250CDI you get better mileage and lower CO2. After 5 days I am getting over 60mpg on the motorway and just today averaged 57.7 on a slow M25 rush hour run. This should further improve as I run the engine in. It so far only has 415 miles on the clock. Oh yes, and my V5 gives the CO2 as 132g/km which puts my road tax at £115 per annum. All this, plus you get 7.7 0-60. No doubt your wife would like something quicker than the 200? This economy is mainly due to the new 7 g-tronic PLUS auto box.

BUT she would have the nicer car then ! :)

I had already half decided on the 250 with 7 speed box, just wondered if anybody had a 200 and could sing it's praises.

Appreciate the feedback.

Dupe message

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom