E 220 Cdi W or S 211 177 BHP Re-map

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

The Pan Man

Have any of our members had the above car re-mapped? If so what are your findings. Reason for asking all the re-map talk is usually mentioned with the larger capacity engines and I am just curious.

Not direct experience, but I have read many of the manufacturers blurbs as it is a project I may well be contemplating myself in the not too distant future. There appears to be several basic methods all of which pruport to better fuel consumption as well as increased power. I know that 170bhp is the current 220 engine output, which is the same as my old E300TD. Seems to be quite a reasonable price as well.

Although its not exactly what you were asking, but along similar lines, I have an E220CDI which I "Chipped" and I am really impressed because it has upped my performance so much so, that you notice the difference and previous to the Chip being installed, the most I got was around 52mpg, and with the chip installed, I am getting over 60mpg, that is very conservative driving though and they are readings off the obc and not full tank to tank calculations.

There are, I think, plus and minuses for both remaps and chips, but speaking from 1st hand experience over the last 18 months, the chip for £95 cannot be faulted, by me anyway:thumb:

Regards,

Terry

What make was is? Have you dyno your car after installing "chip"?

Thanks for the replies BUT I'm talking about a specific remap not a chip,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom