E 320 cdi 2004 won’t start

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Broadleybenz

Car
E 320 cdi
Hi, I’ve got an e320 cdi and it just won’t start, coil plug light doesn’t come up at all so there’s nothing happening, won’t crank over. But when the coil light does appear which is very rare the car starts and stalls a few seconds later
Any ideas?
Thanks

You may find the YouTube videos below helpful.

I actually had this happen to me on a W211 and I had to use a jumper wire to start the car which at least keeps you mobile. I sold on my car in the end so never managed to resolve the issue.

HOW TO START a W211 E320 CDI No crank no start

E320 cdi no crank no start update
Hi, ye I’ve seen these videos but there American and slightly different wiring I’ve noticed
It’s so annoying, it started first time thing morning aswell, but then that’s it for the day it won’t start now

When you say jumper wire?

The RAC came out to me as the fault had left me stranded whilst taking a break at a service station.

They left me with a pair of wires under the bonnet by the fusebox that I had to twist together before starting and then disconnect after switching off the car. I later extended those wires into the cabin to save time.

I can only assume that those wires were hooked into the relay socket as per the first video.

The RAC came out to me as the fault had left me stranded whilst taking a break at a service station.

They left me with a pair of wires under the bonnet by the fusebox that I had to twist together before starting and then disconnect after switching off the car. I later extended those wires into the cabin to save time.

I can only assume that those wires were hooked into the relay socket as per the first video.

first video shows 2 ways? Was it the one with crocile clips or one where you take the relay out
Thank you

You need to find the fault codes, but it may be the glow plug relay gone capput hence the occasional time it works.

It probably wont be the glow plug relay causing this fault.

You need to get it on a Star to look at the live data of the ignition switch. This will show if its getting the cranking signal or not. Its guesswork without this info.

Than
It probably wont be the glow plug relay causing this fault.

You need to get it on a Star to look at the live data of the ignition switch. This will show if its getting the cranking signal or not. Its guesswork without this info.
Thanks for your help, also do you know if this year and model was a stop/start?
2004 e320 cdi

ive noticed it’s got a stop/start battery fitted and I’m not convinced it’s a stop start

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom