Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bini-q

Car
Mercedes S55 K AMG, E320 CDI
hi, i recently purchased a 56 plate E320 CDI 3.0 v6. i love the car
now couple of weeks after i bought it i noticed that sometimes the car loses power basically every-time i use kick down function it happens and after 4-5 minutes of driving the power comes back again.
i had a mechanic check it on star and it came up with the fault code 2359-002 Check system 'Charge pressure control' Charge pressure is too high.
now the mechanic said that basically your turbo is knackered and it needs to be replaced at a tune of just £1500 (ouch)
just last year (9k miles ago) the car had the actuator motor for intake shut port shutoff replaced along with all the seals and gasket by mercedes dealer, so i'm thinking and hoping that the turbo cant be that knackered, and maybe is some smaller turbo component that needs replacing.
i apologize if this question has been asked before and i'm just repeating but any help with the actual meaning of the fault code or the problem itself would be greatly appreciated.

thanks

Could be turbo actuator. Although Mercedes won't sell it separately, other places will. Or send off for refurb. How confident is your indy that it is the turbo?

No other fault codes came up, and he's a well experienced guy

Basically if it is over boosting the actuator is jamming, or internal turbo fault , either strip and clean turbo or replace core and first,new recon actuator , we ficpem these all the time

thanks for your reply, it looks like first thing monday i will take the actuator out and send it a guy who fixes them to see whether thats the problem

just an update on my problem, so on monday i had the actuator out and when the guy that fixed it checked it there was a plastic sort of gear that split so he changed and i put it on, all good, i was grinning like a cheshire cat.
today i went for a longer run and as soon as the car hit 70mph it happened again, no power, i stopped the car ignition off and on again and all good, so its really pi$$ing me off. really dont know what is happening, any suggestion will be welcome

i took it to a local company as i didn't want to be without a car for 3-4 days and i was there yesterday again as the actuator stopped moving altogether, but the guy wasn't happy to see me insisting that the actuator is fine and i should check for a problem elswhere.
so today i decided to send it to Taylors in Rainham as they offer to test it and if its faulty a total rebuild with lifetime unlimited mileage guarantee.
so if the actuator is faulty it gets rebuild and it should fix the problem (fingers crossed) if its fine i will have to start looking at other possibilities

Ok keep us posted I'm having my actuator refurbished by premier diesel in Leicester had to post mine as I'm in n.Ireland

Ok keep us posted I'm having my actuator refurbished by premier diesel in Leicester had to post mine as I'm in n.Ireland

i just spoke to the guys who are doing mine and they haven't started it yet, but will keep you updated

I received mine back yesterday and all seems good hopefully thats my issue now sorted £79.99 couldn't be bad to that and good service from the guys too

Car jerked again tonight and went into limp mode! I'm not sure whether it's the actuator or turbo any advice what happens to turbo to cause this intermittent jerking anything I can look at for free?

Wonder if it's actually the gearbox. I bet olly would say it needs the live data checking on star.

It seems to be such a common problem although I'm finding it hard to belive no-one has found the root cause. People say, actuator, turbo, gearbox etc etc

BIG_G_1979 said:
Car jerked again tonight and went into limp mode! I'm not sure whether it's the actuator or turbo any advice what happens to turbo to cause this intermittent jerking anything I can look at for free?

Not good at all mate,seems the cure to this differs with every car!

check that the turbo vanes are moving freely without any sticky points while moving the arm up and down

Yeah I checked the actuator arm and it's free as a bird I lifted it up and it would drop under its own weigh it didn't feel like it was sticking or hard to move.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom