E 320 Command System Phone Set Up

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tcb180

Car
Mercedes E320 Auto
Got 07 plater with Command System. The centre console has a fitted phone mount in which to slot in a Nokia 6310i . I believe this was the phone of choice back in 2007.

Will I be able to purchase a suitable adaptor lead so that I can plug my Motorola Moto G into the command system slot for the Nokia ?

Any help appreciated.

I think you will need a viseo unit this clips into the existing cradle and connects your phone to the car and vice versa. I had the same system in my 05 e class and it worked a treat.

A 2007 E-class would have UHI. You can remove the 6310i adapter and replace it with an MB bluetooth adapter or a ViseeO device intended for the UHI-connector.

Before you go any further, have you got the instruction manual and code for the Nokia adapter? I have a very similar setup on my S204 - phone pre-wire in the centre armrest, cradle for my Nokia 6300. Wife recently upgraded to an Iphone 4, I have the code for the cradle and I was able to very easily pair the Iphone with Comand - despite never having been able to pair her previous Huawei Ascend Y300 to it!

OK, we cannot charge her phone from the cradle the way my 6300 charges as soon as I slot it into the cradle - but there are enough 12v "cigarette lighter" sockets around the car, plus I have a Tom Tom dual USB adapter, so I'm soon going to swop my 6300 for an Iphone 4S!

FYI, the viseo bluetooth adapters are £190 or more - my Nokia cradle cost me £15!

Thank you all. Most helpful .

Unfortunately, I do not intend buying the mercedes highly priced units. May be I'd best buy a cheap Nokia 630i off ebay just to use in the car.

Last edited:
That would be the cheapest route I think.

I bought a 1 yr old SAP v4 bluetooth module in mint condition from German Ebay (joy-konfektionierung) for 165 Euros. This can hold a SIM card as well as giving Bluetooth (but not at the same time) and uses the car aerial for calls. Could be worth checking their prices for the HFP unit.

When I paired the Iphone 4 to the car, I had to enter the cradle PIN into Comand and then into the phone, so I assume it bluetooths to Comand via the cradle rather than the head unit. My Nokia 6300 also links to Comand whether or not it's in the cradle. However, I have a suspicion that there are certain phones the system (however it works) does not like, as no way could I get a Huawei Ascend Y300 to pair, and on t'other side there's a poster having problems pairing a Samsung phone.

Chrishazle. What did you buy to get the i phone to work from the 6310i cradle though?

Was it one of the MB £190 kits?

Chrishazle. What did you buy to get the i phone to work from the 6310i cradle though?

Ok,
If your 6310i cradle has a curly cable attaching it to the top-tray/holder, the thing to convert it to bluetooth is:

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/ViseeO_MBU3000.html

If it doesn't have a cable it detaches (button on face at top left, press and slide cradle backwards) leaving a UHI connector. As long as the car is relatively new you can use

https://www.commandonline.co.uk/viseeo-mb4.html
or
https://www.commandonline.co.uk/Mercedes_Bluetooth_HFP.html

Cars with CD based COMAND 2 can not use the latter two items (and there is no solution at the moment, unless you can get an old ViseeO MB-2 from somewhere.

Cheers
Richard

I didn't buy anything. I luckily have the instruction book for the Nokia cradle, told Comand to search for bluetooth phones, it found the Iphone, I then had to enter the cradle PIN on Comand and then on the phone - job done! cradle PIN was hand written on the back of the instruction book, presumably by the cradles' first owner - I bought the cradle second hand off Ebay when I got the S204.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom