E class 2006, 06 plate sat nav (satellite navigation) location gps problem.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

humza001

Car
Mercedes Benz E-Class 2006 Saloon.
Hi, i have a 2006 E class saloon avant-garde, with full color sat nav (the one with the big colour screen), the problem is that when i start the car i am in the wrong location on the sat nav, for example if I'm in birmingham the location on the sat nav is somewhere in scotland and then next time in london. i really need to find out what is the problem, with the help of people i hope i will fix this sat nav problem.

p.s: when the car starts and moves the icon on the sat nav moves to the direction the car is moving, i do not understand how but it still does, also on the bottom of the screen it says altitude and a picture of a satialite but both of them have a dash next to them.

okay thank you very much.

Welcome to the Forums.

The dash next to 'Satellite' means that your COMAND unit is not receiving any signals from the GPS satellites. It needs to see at least three to determine position and four for altitude. The reason the display moves with the car is the inbuilt gyro which compensates for poor GPS reception in towns, tunnels etc.

The most likely cause of your problem is a dead GPS aerial. Is your system a factory one or a retrofit?

There are a couple of members here (Alfie and Richard) who install COMAND units as a commercial venture and are liberal with their advice and help. Either PM(personal message) them or keep checking back here for a reply.

factory....

Hi, thanks for your help, the sat nav is factory installed. can you help me to locate the problem and how i can fix this.

thank you very much.

I don't know about factory fitted aerials, but Alfie and Richard do.

If one of them hasn't replied here by this time tomorrow you could send them a personal message (Search>advanced search>search by user name>)

Find a post by one of them and then click on their user name in the post. You will be able to send a personal message from there.

hi

can some e please help me further thanks

I had this same problem on mine It turned out to be a dodgy connection on the aeril end

Humza did you find a solution to your problem?

Ive got the same issue!

I also have the same issue. How do I check the different connections, do I need to take out the boot fittings to get to the ariel connections ?

Thank you for the link.

Rather than take things apart myself I think it will be easier to get this seen by an expert.

Command.co.uk are not too far from me, they seemed confident that the antenna was the cause of the issue. £60 parts + £30 fitting - so will pop in to them and get it sorted out.

Alfie and Richard from comand.co.uk will sort it out for you and are highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom