E Class 2007 Isofix

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aktolman

Car
Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E320 CDI Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr
I have a Mercedes-Benz E Class 3.0 E320 CDI Sport 7G-Tronic 4dr that I bought on the pretense it had isofix. The advert said it did, the salesman said it did, like a dummy I did not check it. Turns out I can not find the fittings and have emailed the dealer to find out whats going on with it.

But anyhow in the mean time if it does not have Isofix (looks like it does not) how would I go about fitting a child seat?

To be honest I am shocked that it does not have it anyhow but I really like the car and don't want to send it back while having a big argument with the dealer!

All advice welcome!

Really, i'd be amazed if it hasn't. My 04 e class estate has it.
There is a thin piece of seat trim about 2" deep and the width of the outside seat. It is velcroed to the seat squab. Lift that and the bars are under there. There should be a little label on the seat too.
eta there do seem to be a few threads about 05/06 cars without it. I'm amazed, I thought it would be standard equipment.

My 55 sport doesn't have it, so I just have a non-isofix child seat.

I can't find it so I am guessing it does not have it... not unless I am being a prize plum! (anything is possible ;))

The dealer said if I can't find it he will ring up Mercedes and get a kit or something... but looking at non isofix child seats might be cheaper for him to just give me the money and I buy a new one... actually would mean I could leave the isofix in my wifes car so happy days... ;)

Thanks everyone!

I can't find it so I am guessing it does not have it... not unless I am being a prize plum! (anything is possible ;))

The dealer said if I can't find it he will ring up Mercedes and get a kit or something... but looking at non isofix child seats might be cheaper for him to just give me the money and I buy a new one... actually would mean I could leave the isofix in my wifes car so happy days... ;)

Thanks everyone!

It doesn't have it. I've the same car and was shocked it didn't. I seen a post ages ago about a kit mercedes do but it wasn't for the e class. I even phoned mercedes Leicester parts department and they don't list any kit so like you say get a seat without and keep the isofix in the other car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom