E Class 2017 estate doors will not stay open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
As far as I know, mine are OK, but then I live in flat Cambridgeshire so it's a condition (being on an uphill) that I don't experience that often!

However, I HALF remember reading about this somewhere else (perhaps on another forum) so it may be worth having a full Google (if you've not already) because I do suspect you're not alone...

Does anyone out there have doors that will not stay open on any uphill gradient?
Yes I have the same problem took it back to Mercedes Worcester they showed me a brand new one in the showroom the doors were exactly the same, my wife curses every time the door keeps banging on her legs. Hinge closures need serious redesign .

Have you tried holding the door as you get in/out when parked on a hill? :dk:

Does anyone out there have doors that will not stay open on any uphill gradient?
Hi I have just been on the MB World.com site. Very common problem in America people were getting to the stage of returning new cars back because of this problem, one lady has scolded her leg with hot tea.
Any way it appears good news may be available, an updated hinge is available in America

Old parts number LEFT 205-720-45-11 RIGHT 205-720-46-11

New parts number LEFT 205-720-45-11-39 RIGHT 205-720-46-11-39

Can any one confirm these are the correct part numbers please for both the old and the new hinges.

And more importantly can we get these lethal hinges replaced under warranty.

Would welcome comment from any Mercedes mechanic please

Nope, mine stay solid when opened.

Never noticed this as a problem on our S213 and I most often Park it on our sloping drive. I took particular note last time I parked and the door definitely stays open even when it’s not to the point of the first “hold”

Good news about the modified hinge. Mine has exactly the same problem and it really p***es me off trying to get out of the car, with something in my hands, whilst fighting to keep the door open with my shins...:mad:

Good news about the modified hinge. Mine has exactly the same problem and it really p***es me off trying to get out of the car, with something in my hands, whilst fighting to keep the door open with my shins...:mad:
Hi yes it is good news here are the part numbers both old and the new numbers for the front lower hinges
New parts number LEFT 205-720-45-11-39 RIGHT 205-720-46-11-39.

Mine were replaced under warranty the parts are very readily available in the UK.

The new hinges are a big improvement too the old.

Good luck

Yes mine's the same. Slightest gradient and the door closes and bashes your leg as you're trying to get out.

Another poor design feature of this model I fear.
See latest reply of mine

Thanks Delboy0127 - I need to take it in to get my rear screen heater/radio reception sorted so I'll bring this up at the same time.

same problem for sedan, front doors
Hi yes it is good news here are the part numbers both old and the new numbers for the front lower hinges

Mine were replaced under warranty the parts are very readily available in the UK.

The new hinges are a big improvement too the old.

Good luck
Thats very good news. I have been back to the local dealer and he will order up the new parts.
I will report back when the hinges are replaced. Thanks for your assistance with this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom