E Class 2017 estate doors will not stay open

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thats very good news. I have been back to the local dealer and he will order up the new parts.
I will report back when the hinges are replaced. Thanks for your assistance with this.
It will not cure the problem completely, but the new ones are 100% better good luck.

I realise it has been a while but I have had the hinges replaced on both front doors and the difference is very marked.
They are not perfect but I think I can live with them, which I couldn't have done with the old ones. Thanks Delboy0127
your help has been appreciated.

I realise it has been a while but I have had the hinges replaced on both front doors and the difference is very marked.
They are not perfect but I think I can live with them, which I couldn't have done with the old ones. Thanks Delboy0127
your help has been appreciated.
Just read your thread it does not cure the problem as you say but it is a lot better pleased I could help

Thats very good news. I have been back to the local dealer and he will order up the new parts.
I will report back when the hinges are replaced. Thanks for your assistance with this.

Hi I have just been on the MB World.com site. Very common problem in America people were getting to the stage of returning new cars back because of this problem, one lady has scolded her leg with hot tea.
Any way it appears good news may be available, an updated hinge is available in America

Old parts number LEFT 205-720-45-11 RIGHT 205-720-46-11

New parts number LEFT 205-720-45-11-39 RIGHT 205-720-46-11-39

Can any one confirm these are the correct part numbers please for both the old and the new hinges.

And more importantly can we get these lethal hinges replaced under warranty.

Would welcome comment from any Mercedes mechanic please
Why would it be the hinge and not the door check , which is what holds the door at different points on its travel ?

Merc have used exactly the same door checks for decades , and while they can fail , they are easy to replace .

Why would it be the hinge and not the door check , which is what holds the door at different points on its travel ?

Merc have used exactly the same door checks for decades , and while they can fail , they are easy to replace .
Built into the hinge now.

I have exactly the same issue. 2019 car. Another cost cutting measure?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom