e class 320cdi suspension rattle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

greasemonkey01

Car
mercedes c200
hi all my 51,000mls 2008 e class has an irritating rattle coming from the nearside when driving over uneven roads.i have checked the anti roll bar links and bushes front and rear .reached the stage now when i will have to start changing parts.are there any suspension parts on these that are prone to wear?also can the front mcpherson struts be swopped from left to right in order to eliminate them,all help much appreciated,cheers greasemonkey01

are the fronts mcpherson now ?? on a 2008 , my cls has the bolt on struts with hook at the bottom ...

hi all my 51,000mls 2008 e class has an irritating rattle coming from the nearside when driving over uneven roads.i have checked the anti roll bar links and bushes front and rear .reached the stage now when i will have to start changing parts.are there any suspension parts on these that are prone to wear?also can the front mcpherson struts be swopped from left to right in order to eliminate them,all help much appreciated,cheers greasemonkey01

The metal plate behind the brakes discs was rattling on mine - heavy duty cable tie fixed it.

hi all,just an update to this thread,stripped n/s front suspension,examined all balljoints and bushes.no perceptible wear. took n/s suspension strut apart ,again nothing amiss.reassembled strut,put everything back together but swopped complete suspension struts from n/s to offside and viceversa[straight swop].dont know why but the rattle has gone completely.done 500 miles since and its stiil good,thanks for all the advice..cheers greasemonkey01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom