E Class 350 Estate V6 Petrol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mika

MB Enthusiast
Car
mercedes
there are a few threads on the 350 Diesel....
but has anyone got a 350 petrol ? and are they any good ?
the 3498cc V6 petrol sounds good to me with 306 bhp 0-60 in 6.7
Is the combined fuel consumption of 39.8mpg achievable ?

You have to work at it though. There's been a few threads on the 350 petrol recently. Do a search. One of them is mine in a C Class.

They're fantastic engines, and even quicker in the C-Class (0-60 in under 6 seconds!)

The combined fuel consumption of 39.8 is, IMO, extremely unlikely. The engine is too much fun to spend all your time pootling around with a feather-like right foot. I can achieve something like that figure on a long steady run, but because I love the sound of the exhaust under acceleration and my wife does a lot of relatively short trips in the car it's only averaging 29mpg.

Very responsive and powerful engine with a fantastic soundtrack.

In my CLS though it struggles to get much over 30mpg on a steady 70mph motorway cruise. I may get it on a STAR at some point to see if I have a failing oxygen sensor or something as I am sure it should be able to do better.

Flipside is that the consumption doesn't increase a great deal on urban driving and mid to late 20s easily achievable.

My CLS has giant wide AMG wheels though and I believe the car is less aerodynamic than an E.

I know I've posted this before but Knighterrant has it right, it's hard to get good mpg when it sounds this good! Best mpg has been 36.8mpg, average 25mpg.
[/

Last edited:
I know I've posted this before but Knighterrant has it right, it's hard to get good mpg when it sounds this good! Best mpg has been 36.8mpg, average 25mpg.
[/
I've only just realised that was a video. Lovely sound indeed. I did a 0-60 blast in mine today for the very first time and I'm still smiling. And at least I remembered to switch off my left turn signal first!

I've only just realised that was a video. Lovely sound indeed. I did a 0-60 blast in mine today for the very first time and I'm still smiling. And at least I remembered to switch off my left turn signal first!

LOL. Yes in my excitement I forgot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom