E-Class 350d 2017 W213 9g tronic transmission. Idle at 500 rpm in comfort mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PlasT0R

Car
E-Class 350d 2017 AMG Line
Hello ,hope you all well.
On my E-class 350d 2017 W213 9g Tronic transmission, The rpms will always stay at 500 in comfort mode. is that normal?
When i'm switching to Sport+ it goes up to 900.

PS: Question--> while in comfort mode the engine starts only in 4 pistons?

No that's not normal and what do you mean about starting in 4 pistons?

No that's not normal and what do you mean about starting in 4 pistons?
i though by starting in comfort mode 2 pistons are in standby while working on 500rpm. so u are saying it's not normal ,what it could be then?

Hello ,hope you all well.
On my E-class 350d 2017 W213 9g Tronic transmission, The rpms will always stay at 500 in comfort mode. is that normal?
When i'm switching to Sport+ it goes up to 900.

PS: Question--> while in comfort mode the engine starts only in 4 pistons?
In mine just checked yes just a touch above 500

Attachments

• BFF2A420-3369-45E6-902A-4EF4333ED038.jpeg
    BFF2A420-3369-45E6-902A-4EF4333ED038.jpeg
    82.2 KB · Views: 8
In mine just checked yes just a touch above 500
Is that in comfort mode right? So that means for this type of engine is normal, because mine stays like yours without any problems of vibration or fluctuation and is responsive when i press the acc pedal .

Yep it’s in comfort mode, yep it’s perfectly responsive.

Why would Idle speed be dependent on gearbox mode?

Why would Idle speed be dependent on gearbox mode?
No idea ,that is why i was wondering myself. Never seen a car working like @Benz17 said just a touch above 500.

That is why i was saiying ,it might start on 4 pistons not 6 when in comfort mode,so that might reduce the consumption ,who knows with all this new tech.

Some engines do have a cylinder shutdown feature but this is usually only active when moving.

Does your handbook mention any of these features?

Some engines do have a cylinder shutdown feature but this is usually only active when moving.

Does your handbook mention any of these features?
Unfortunately, the book states only information about how to use it and minimize on what are they doing.

In sport plus driving mode it does raise the idle rpms on a W213 for a quick take off. All the other modes were the same on mine - economy/comfort/sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom