E Class 350d 2017 (W213) whistle noise.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PlasT0R

Car
E-Class 350d 2017 AMG Line
Hello ,

It could be a similar question in all the threads,but i couldn't find it.
I've noticed a couple of days ago that when i'm starting my car in the morning a whistle like sound is making or hiss sound while idle.

I start the car all the time in comfort mode and if i'm switching on sport + can't hear it anymore.
When i'm accelerating, the noise is going away

The sound can only be heard while the car has been parked next to a wall and the bigger frequency of noise i can here it is when i put my ear on the right front wheel where the gap is between the wheel and wing.
Hopefully is not a vacuum leak somewhere

PS: no errors on my dashboard or OBD for a misfire or any other problems at the engine and no rpm going up or down while idle.

I have uploaded a video and attached to this thread ,but i'm not sure if was uploaded due to the file extension.

If you guys have any idea let me know.
Thanks

I think you are probably right , it’s a split in pipe somewhere or something has come loose

I think you are probably right , it’s a split in pipe somewhere or something has come loose
Could be,i'll go back to the dealer. I've had this car only for 3 weeks and only a few days ago has startes with thay sound. I have warranty on it 12 months ,but i was to fuss about it to go.
👍

Came back with the results,i went to Mercedes benz dealer and one of the alternator bearings is making that whistle noise. Is still wierdly ,as the rpm goes higher the sounds used to dissapear and a bearing normally makes more sound due high rotation.
@W1ghty

Came back with the results,i went to Mercedes benz dealer and one of the alternator bearings is making that whistle noise. Is still wierdly ,as the rpm goes higher the sounds used to dissapear and a bearing normally makes more sound due high rotation.
@W1ghty

Thanks for providing an update - so did they replace the alternator (or bearing) under the MB Approved Used warranty?

Also, is the dealer that diagnosed the fault, the same dealer that you bought the car from?

Thanks for providing an update - so did they replace the alternator (or bearing) under the MB Approved Used warranty?

Also, is the dealer that diagnosed the fault, the same dealer that you bought the car from?
They've changed the faulty bearing under warranty. It was faulty before i've bought the car,but on test drive i haven't heard thr sound.
Sorry for the late post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom