E class 4matic diesel

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mark92400

Does anyone know if Mercedes are planning to launch the 4matic on the eclass saloon on a 350diesel in the UK? I notice they are offering it on the c class diesels and also the new all road eclass estate next year but no sign of anything on the diesel saloons.

It is perhaps a smaller saloon thing? I notice a lot of BMW 3 series x drives but almost no 5 series?

On the last E-Class the obstacle was apparently the 7G gearbox, because the front output came out at the wrong side for a RHD driver. This was supposed to be sorted when they introduced the 9G box (which came on the E350 first) but they never rolled out the model in the UK.

On that basis, there's no reason not to roll out the 4-Matic on the new E-Class here, but given that the only thing you can order at present is the four-pot I wouldn't hold my breath.

It will be coming in 4matic, hopefully from next year. It's just not been confirmed yet

Thanks for the info, that's good to hear that it is on the way. I just don't know whether to order the car now or wait for the 4matic sometime next year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think there was a backlash from UK customers as to why the rest of the world have options that are denied to the UK market, and MB have sat up and taken note.

After all, the Germans know we have RHD over here, and in Oz, so why didn't they design their cars to take both driving sides in to account?

Even in modern RHD cars, the passenger side will demist quicker than the driver's side because the airflow is still designed for LHD vehicles, something the manufacturers have never bothered to remedy.

And I guess many potential buyers are going with an Audi Quattro if they want a 4x4 saloon car particularly with the more powerful diesel engines.

It will be coming in 4matic, hopefully from next year. It's just not been confirmed yet

Do you know why rear side airbags are not offered as an option on the W213?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom