E Class - A207 cabriolet intermitant roof fault

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jimarchy

Car
Looking for an S Class
My cabriolet has been working perfectly until last week when it developed an intermittent fault when closing the hood down. On the final stage of retracting, the cover lid will not close, I have lifted the lid in the opposite direction by a few inches (using the electric motor) and then it has dropped shut ok. When this didnt work I have also had the wife keep the electric motor on as I pushed the lid shut which works.

Closing the hood works perfectly, the problem only happens when the hood is stored.

I have looked at all the mechanisms and everything looks okay, hydraulic tank shows fluid is between max and min with no leaks visible.

Any thoughts?

Hi, have you lubricated all the hinges, cams and cables etc ?
Just checked mine and my tank shows just below min but works fine.

As @geoffus says, it is worth cleaning and lubricating all hinges and joints on the mechanism.
Fwiw I thing that if the mechanism isn’t all perfectly aligned it can jam if the grease has gone a bit hard.
Certainly fixed it for me on my clk.

Thanks for the feedback, will give it a try and see if that helps fix it.

Reactions: Ted
Geoffus & Ted - Thanks for the heads up :). Its also been very cold recently so may have been an issue with ice maybe?

Anyway, gave anything that moves a good squirt with WD40 and so far its gone up and down ten times without any issues and noticeably smoother so hopefully its sorted. Will add this to my maintenance routine in future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom