E class air suspension

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C7pg

Car
E220CDI Bluetec AMG line estate
Gents. Excuse me if I'm not using the correct terminology but I've just arrived at our rural place in Spain and the car is just bottoming out getting onto.our drive. So the question is, is there a way of increasing the ride height using the air suspension ? It's a 2015 e class estate AMG line (W212?)
Thanks

I'm not 100% on this but I'm sure you can have the ride height altered on the Mercedes star diagnostic.

Gents. Excuse me if I'm not using the correct terminology but I've just arrived at our rural place in Spain and the car is just bottoming out getting onto.our drive. So the question is, is there a way of increasing the ride height using the air suspension ? It's a 2015 e class estate AMG line (W212?)

Thanks

Yeah trade it in for a GLS!!

Sorry no.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just press the airmatic button which raises the ride height. A message will appear on screen that says "vehicle rising" and hey presto!

Button should be around the gearstick if merc haven't moved it over the years. Pic of a car with an arrow up.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry to take a while to reply, the connectivity out here is a bit flake. Will search for the elusive button tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies. Sorry to take a while to reply, the connectivity out here is a bit flake. Will search for the elusive button tomorrow.

On mine it was to the right of the gear lever IIRC.

The system's called Airmatic BTW. Fitted to the E Class and CLS.

As opposed to the other system, ABC, as fitted to SL's CL's and S's

Well I can't find an airmatic switch it's not next to the gear lever as there isn't one. Gear selection is from a stalk on the steering column. Manual both written and built in gives no clues.so I suspect the answer is it can't be adjusted by the driver? Unless someone else knows different? Thanks for the answers so far.

A re-read of the manual tells me that there is a switch on some models just behind the driving mode selector but it's not there on mine so I'm taking it as it not being possible to adjust this. Ah well. Might phone mercedes tech support tomorrow Thanks again.

A re-read of the manual tells me that there is a switch on some models just behind the driving mode selector but it's not there on mine so I'm taking it as it not being possible to adjust this. Ah well. Might phone mercedes tech support tomorrow Thanks again.

On mine (2010 212 with column shift) there are three buttons in the centre console thingy (to the L & R of the COMAND selector).

In the forward left position you've got the C/S switch for gearbox mode.

In the forward right position you've got the Comfort/Sport switch for Airmatic mode.

In the rear right position you've got the the switch to raise or lower the Airmatic.

They've either been moved on later cars or you don't have full Airmatic. Maybe you've just got the (standard) rear Air set up.

Could you not have longer ride height sensor bars fitted?

As others have said it's probably only the rear that has any height adjustment.

Gents. I suspect I only have rear height adjustment. There doesn't seem to be any difference to front ride height at all. But the back does go up when loaded and then back down when unloaded. Would be handy if the dealer went through these things at handover as the manual covers all options and eventualities and you're never quite sure what features you do have.

As you suggest, you probably only have the rear self leveling suspension that all E Class estates have had for 40 years...this is not adjustable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom