E-Class All-Terrain 400d Tyre Skipping/Crabbing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

db1001

Car
Mercedes-Benz E 400 d All-Terrain
I have put a deposit down on an E-Class All-Terrain 400d. It was registered in July 2019. Apparently if left the factory in April 2019. Its production confirmation date however was May 2018. I am not sure when it was actually built between May 2018 and April 2019.

Since putting my deposit down I have seen lots of posts and articles about 4Matic tyre skipping/crabbing. This car comes with 20 inch wheels and 245 /40 tyres on the front, 275 / 25 on the rear. It has Pirelli P-Zero tyres.

Does anyone know if this car is likely to suffer from crabbing / tyre skipping? Should I consider asking for my deposit back?

Have a search around the forum as there are lots of threads on this. I have not driven an E Class all terrain, however its extended clearance and more comfort orientated rather than sports steering set up it may not exhibit this feature so much, the crabbing is very tyre dependent. A lot of tubthumpers will tell you its not acceptable, and Mercedes should do more.

I would strongly suggest you have an extended test drive and make sure the car is right for you before buying it.

I have a 4matic car and on summer tyres when its cold (temperatures below 10 degrees) its noticeable. It does not do it at all on winter tyres, due to the rubber compund being softer.

Looks like the car sat around for about 1 year before it was registered ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom