E class ASSYST

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tony white

Car
2004 e class 320cdi
Can anyone help? My E320cdi has covered 61k and was at 54k in march 2007 and was a B service. last week the ASSYST stated 2750 miles until next service, but today the display stated 30 days to "sevice E". Is this normal because the car has only covered 7k since the last service and only 100miles since last week

Can anyone help? My E320cdi has covered 61k and was at 54k in march 2007 and was a B service. last week the ASSYST stated 2750 miles until next service, but today the display stated 30 days to "sevice E". Is this normal because the car has only covered 7k since the last service and only 100miles since last week

Could be either an Assyst fault, or more likely low oil levels, bringing forward the time. If the system was not properly topped at the last service it could now be low. Check oil level and top up, this will extend the service. If oil level is OK then take to dealer to check Assyst.

Moved to Engine section.

thanks, i checked the levels which wre fine, the last service was march 07, i wonder if it it trying to make it an annual service like porche do

thanks again

tony

At low usage levels, Assyst moves from counting down by miles to counting down by days. Mind you 100 miles in a week should be enough to keep it on the mileage count.

Don't be too worried by the "E" service. It might be only one item from the "E" service that is required so does not necessarily signify massive expense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom