E class cabriolet Aircap problems

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jenniferc

Car
Mercedes e class cabriolet
Hi All,
I purchased a 2014 e class cabriolet amg sport version in April from my local Mercedes dealership and have had problems with the Aircap system.
When I put the roof down and the wind deflector above the windscreen raises the noise from it is awful. The best way to describe it is a howling child screaming in pain. The noise it makes is louder than any music playing in the car. The car has been back to the dealership 4 times, first to be investigated, second to have to motor for the wind deflector greased. Third time for a new motor to be installed and now it's still in the garage after two weeks because Mercedes now say the problem is a common fault with the e class cabriolet. Have others had a similar problem and what was the outcome? All work to the car so far has been at Mercedes own cost but they now want to wash their hands of it and have told me that the screaming noise doesn't prevent the car from being driven so they no longer see an issue. Any help appreciated! Thanks Jenny

Do you mean a screaming noise as it rises, or whilst being driven?

Mine does neither, you just hear a normal motor sound as it goes up or down. If you are driving along, with normal wind noise you'd be hard pressed to hear it if you engaged it then.

If they have another on the forecourt then go and try it to compare. They can't argue against their own stock.

They fix it, or you reject it because you have given them opportunity to fix it and they can't. But, so we are clear, the howling happens when it is raised and you are driving along...not just as it is rising?

Our pre-face lift car makes a faint motor noise when being raised, but no other noise

Mine just makes a slight noise as it raises. Was stuck behind a tractor with hay bales on it, and spent 10 minutes removing bits of hay from the mesh when I got home!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom