E class cabriolet roof service position

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wolf8370

Car
2017 E Class Cabrio
Hi all

Looking how to put my 2017 e class cabriolet in roof service mode so I can inspect the headlining cords.

Any ideas?

Cheers
Jason

Does it not just stop when you let go of the control? That’s what happens on my A207 2010 model.

Hi Andrew - unfortunately not. I can raise it to a half open position, but it will then automatically close itself after about 15 seconds, ignition on or off. I'm assuming there must be a roof service position so it can be inspected.

Untimely, I guess the way to do it is to disconnect the battery when the roof is half open.

Are you sure it’s not the weight of the roof closing itself ?

I don't know the answer but I *think* that there was one MB (possibly SL) that reqd the engine running to hold it open in the service position; might be worth a try

You would be a lot braver than me to try that!
I think I'll hold off with that option :). It's going in to a main dealer at the end of the month for an assessment as one of the headlining tensioner cables has become detached. Others are frayed. I'm in "consultation" with the BMW dealer I bought the car from in Jan this year.

On our cab (A238 2019 model) I just press the starter button twice so that all the dash lights are on and then open the roof half way (or as far as I need to clean the shuts or silicon grease the seals. It will stay vertical for a good 10 to 15 mins if you need to.

On our cab (A238 2019 model) I just press the starter button twice so that all the dash lights are on and then open the roof half way (or as far as I need to clean the shuts or silicon grease the seals. It will stay vertical for a good 10 to 15 mins if you need to.
Thank you. That appears to work. Long enough for me to see a number of broken cords.

Much appreciated.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Is this the same car ?

Older model shown here.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Hi Pete

No - mines an A238 (2017) model.

@BfgSLKMan suggestion in the post above works for me.

cheers

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom