E class cigar lighter wiring

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flying banana

Car
‘18 AMG GTS Premium - Selenite Grey, '99 Lotus Elise S1 111s - Mustard Pearl
Can anyone enlighten me as to the connections to the cigar lighter in my e class. I'd like to use it as a hard wired power point for a phone charging cable, as it's easy to get to and close to the phone holder location.

There are three connections -

Brown (assuming ground)
Grey/blue tracer
Red/blue tracer

One of them is the switched feed for the lighten itself, one is the switched feed for the illumination - can anyone tell me which is which, and whether the brown is indeed the ground please?

Sent from my iPad using MBClub UK

Attachments

• image-1174516419.jpg
    image-1174516419.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 9
grey/blue is the illumination.
Red/blue should be switched (acc) live
Brown is indeed earth.

Before doing this - there is an option in the 211 series to switch a fuse in the front box to make the front 12v socket permanantly live - job done.

You'll need to check handbook / fuse layout for which one but I did it - took about 3 seconds IIRC!

Good luck!

Ted said:
grey/blue is the illumination. Red/blue should be switched (acc) live Brown is indeed earth.

Ta :)

Timster said:
Before doing this - there is an option in the 211 series to switch a fuse in the front box to make the front 12v socket permanantly live - job done. You'll need to check handbook / fuse layout for which one but I did it - took about 3 seconds IIRC! Good luck!

I'll take a look but a switched live is fine for my current purposes - cheers :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom