E-class colour decision!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Le Burpor

Car
2004 E320; 2002 A160
Greetings,

I am hoping that someone in this forum will be able to assist me with a dilema that I am having.

I've ordered an E320 elegence with black interior (or whatever that strange name is for the mercedes black) and Tealite blue exterior. My dilema is that I am not sure how the Tealite blue will look like on the full car with black interior. I've only been able to see Tealite blue on the color panels from my local dealer, which I know is not a 100% representation.

Is there anyone here who has pics of a Tealite blue on the new E-class? If so, I would appreciate it very much if you could post some pics here. I would also appreciate your opinions on the Tealite blue colour (eg. how does it look at night, in bright sun light? Does dirt show up easily on it?). I really need to decide on the colour soon as the car is due in August.

My wife is sceptical with the Tealite choice as her preference was Cubanite. So, it'll be great to win her over on this one ;) She was already upset that I'm getting rid of the Lexus LX470 for the E320 and I don't really want to upset her again with the colour!

BTW, I'm actually in Australia and there are no MB forums such as this one over here, none that I could find anyway :rolleyes: .. which is unfortunate.

Thanks in advance to those that are able to assist me.

One more thing, one of the options I'm having is the blinds for the rear side windows. Has anyone had any adverse experience with them?

Le B.

Welcome Le B,

I cant help with the colour, but I have rear side rolloer blinds on my W210. They are good, but the only problem is because they hook onto the top of the window glass, when you put the window all the way down it becomes unhooked.

Therefore when you put window back up the blind stays down. Of course the easiest thing to do is stop the window just before it is fully lowered.

Personally I think you should listen to your wife, Cubanite is best :p

I followed a Tansanite blue E270 on the M25 yesterday, I was impressed, it looked nice.

Thanks to all!

The Tealite blue looks very nice indeed. I think it will look good with the black interior, though the grey interior is nice too. Unfortunately with 2 young kids, the grey would be stained pretty quickly.

The other options that I'm getting are the 2 rear integrated child seats and foldable mirrors. Am tempted to get the xenon but haven't decided yet.

BTW, is the Command/DVD system a standard spec for the 320 over in the UK? It is over here and was surprised to see Brian's car without it.

Le B

Originally posted by Le Burpor
BTW, is the Command/DVD system a standard spec for the 320 over in the UK? It is over here and was surprised to see Brian's car without it.
Standard? Until very recently in the UK *nothing* came as standard.

I'd recommend parktronic, so handy although you might not have the same parking problems in Oz as we have.

Originally posted by RichardM
I'd recommend parktronic, so handy although you might not have the same parking problems in Oz as we have.
Lol in the UK the standard parking space was designed to fit an Austin Healey Sprite or something, in Aus they have lots more "utility" type vehicles so I think they have spaces more like US sizes.

Initially I was not going to bother with the parktronic. Then, a friend asked me "..will your wife be driving your car as well?"

...that was enough to convince me that I needed Parktronic :crazy:

Le B

Thanks to all!
The Tealite blue looks very nice indeed. I think it will look good with the black interior, though the grey interior is nice too. Unfortunately with 2 young kids, the grey would be stained pretty quickly.
The other options that I'm getting are the 2 rear integrated child seats and foldable mirrors. Am tempted to get the xenon but haven't decided yet.
Le B

Bi-Xenons are a must mate, like driving in daylight.

The avantgarde spec for £500 extra in the UK is well worth the money.

Initially I was not going to bother with the parktronic. Then, a friend asked me "..will your wife be driving your car as well?"

...that was enough to convince me that I needed Parktronic :crazy:

Le B

Check out the woman of my dreams parking here

I followed a Tansanite blue E270 on the M25 yesterday, I was impressed, it looked nice.

My C320 is in Tansanite blue and it is a great colour IMO. when the sun shines it has a kind of very dark purple tint which I love. It goes really well with grey leather interior.

Robbo

Originally posted by GDC200
What about a multi changer to go in the magic electric storage hole?

The 6 stacker comes standard with the E320.:bannana:

LE B

Just had a look at the Oz MB website. The 320 Avantgarde comes with Leather, Command and CD Changer, but not Bi-Xenon Headlights.

But... the price is 122,900 Australian Dollar which is £48,863, Strewth!

Originally posted by RichardM
Just had a look at the Oz MB website. The 320 Avantgarde comes with Leather, Command and CD Changer, but not Bi-Xenon Headlights.

But... the price is 122,900 Australian Dollar which is £48,863, Strewth!

My cost is around £52,883 (AUD 133,000) after I added the options and includes 12 mth rego and government stamp duty & luxury tax.

Options:
- Parktronic
- Folding side mirrors
- Rear side window blinds
- 2 x integrated read child seats

Bi-xenon will cost me an extra £835. I think I'd rather buy a DVD-Recorder for that price ;) It is standard on the Avantgarde though..

LE B

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom