E-Class -COMAND not working properly after windscreen replaced

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

EnEm

Car
E-Class W213
I don't know if anyone can shed any light on this problem with W213 widescreen COMAND. Windscreen had a crack and was replaced by MB main Dealer (at cost of nearly £700).

After this, the COMAND is not fully working - after entering a destination the time does not count down as you drive to the destination, the middle navigation display (in front of the driver between the dials) is frozen on the first road that you depart from and the blue route is not updated properly. The triangle that shows the vehicle position does correctly locate at the position of the car. Not tested if the voice instructions work properly.

It is under warranty so it is not too relevant whether the process of replacing the window broke the sat nav or if it is just a coincidence (the dealer has instinctively denied responsibility). Date for workshop is two weeks away, so if anyone has any ideas or if there is a user re-set that I can do in the meantime this would be appreciated.

Has anyone else seen this problem? Any thoughts or comments welcome.

EnEm

Last edited:
Hi EnEm, What you describe matches my experience with COMAND sat nav on S213 which was only rectified when the dealer replaced the GPS receiver in the wing mirror.

OK. Thanks for the feedback. Have now realised that the speed limit recognition isn't working either - it seems to work, but this only based on sat nav data, not the camera.

EnEm

OK. Thanks for the feedback. Have now realised that the speed limit recognition isn't working either - it seems to work, but this only based on sat nav data, not the camera.

EnEm

The speed sign recognition camera is attached to the windscreen (just under the rear view mirror) and I have been told that replacing either the windscreen or the camera requires a recalibration process afterwards.

So it seems that at the very least there's an issue with the camera/windscreen (possibly calibration issue) following the windscreen replacement, and I suggest that you take the car back to the dealer to get that sorted first.

Whether this will also resolve the other issues with COMAND I do not know, but it might - and at any rate it's worth raising these with the dealer as well when you book your car in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom