E class convertible 250 cdi sport 2010 next purchase I think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

9154antony

Car
E class 250 cdi convertible
Well I've decided it's time to look for another car, only one that makes me want to part with my brilliant clk 220 2006 is the e class convertible, is the cdi 250 a good choice, thoughts please

Well I've decided it's time to look for another car, only one that makes me want to part with my brilliant clk 220 2006 is the e class convertible, is the cdi 250 a good choice, thoughts please

I own a 2012 E coupe 250 cdi. Excellent car; great all-rounder. 42000 miles and accurate 49.5mpg average. Good looker too.

Depends on your annual mileage for a diesel. I have the E220 CDi coupe and find the noise a tad loud. There's no vibration from an oil burner but the motor itself has a typical diesel noise on idle and acceleration. I can only imagine that this is exacerbated with a convertible roof.

Haven't used ours much yet. Only issue so far is a bit of wind noise around the side windows/roof joint

I own a 2012 E coupe 250 cdi. Excellent car; great all-rounder. 42000 miles and accurate 49.5mpg average. Good looker too.

Love you had a Massey fergason, we had a David drown 1212

Got ours in November - I haven't seen much of it as my wife grabbed the keys, she loves it. No issues at all, looking forward to spring and summer to enjoy it to the full.

We have a 2012 e250cdi cabriolet , in my opinion the engine doesn't affect the driving experience in a negative way, it's quiet enough when you're underway, with plenty of poke and excellent economy.

The air cap is great as the kids ride buffet free in the back, the air scarf is great for those up front.

Ours is an se and has a lovely ride, it's got intelligent lights and all the gizmos and is a terrific alrounder, it also has beige interior which I prefer to the sombre black that is more usual.

It's expensive to service, and has been reliable, turbo seals replaced under warranty only real issue, however roof has needed adjustment as has boot separator.

Only worry is what happens when all the gadgets / tech starts to play up, there's more brainy stuff in the top rail of the windscreen than in the whole of my w124 coupe for example!

Buy one, you won't regret it

Interesting thread.

Looking at a 2012/13 E250 CDI cabriolet at the moment to replace my Sabb 9-3 TiD convertible. How did the turbo seals show up, was it smoking? What sort of miles.

Looking at ones with around 20k on them.

Interesting thread.

Looking at a 2012/13 E250 CDI cabriolet at the moment to replace my Sabb 9-3 TiD convertible. How did the turbo seals show up, was it smoking? What sort of miles.

Looking at ones with around 20k on them.

I have a 2012 coupe 250cdi. Now has 42000miles on clock. No problems so far, goes very well indeed and running costs reasonable. Drive to Spain each year and car is a great quiet cruiser and attracts plenty of admirers as it is very good looking. One of the few cars I have owned that I haven't had a desire to change after 4 years ownership. It's due a 4 year 'B' service next month but I don't anticipate any dramatics there! You won't regret buying one.

Thanks survey.

Is it right that the year 3 "A" service also need to have a gearbox oil change added to it?

Thanks survey.

Is it right that the year 3 "A" service also need to have a gearbox oil change added to it?

It is confusing and the service schedules don't help. Dealers have now told me my autobox needs ATF and filter changes at 50000miles or 5 years whichever is earlier.

The turbo seals were picked up by the dealer at it's first Mot, oil leaking externally, apparently ours needs it ATF fluid chaining at 70k miles, due to the high cost of servicing, and the uncertainty of what ATF to use etc, I've plumped for the service at £36 per month, it gives us a B A B service and fuel filter and ATF change when needed.

The turbo seals were picked up by the dealer at it's first Mot, oil leaking externally, apparently ours needs it ATF fluid chaining at 70k miles, due to the high cost of servicing, and the uncertainty of what ATF to use etc, I've plumped for the service at £36 per month, it gives us a B A B service and fuel filter and ATF change when needed.

Never pay the first quoted dealer price; I always negotiate mine down to an acceptable level! ATF change - mine was initially quoted at 70000miles, then dealers revised it to 50000miles; the schedules for different year and model cars even confuse the main dealers and it pays to check and recheck with more than one dealer!

What do I need in order to check with a dealer for what is required when? Is registration number and mileage sufficient, or does it need the VIN as well?

We have the SE, i tried the sport and found the ride too harsh on our rubbish roads, only had it since xmas and all is well. Intend to keep it a good number of years so i'll be doing all the servicing myself

We have the SE, i tried the sport and found the ride too harsh on our rubbish roads, only had it since xmas and all is well. Intend to keep it a good number of years so i'll be doing all the servicing myself

Mine is a Sport. However, I think it was Malcolm (Television) who suggested running MB's on lowest tyre pressures and he seems to be correct with no difference to tyre wear.

go here and it will tell you what's needed
Mercedes-Benz ESS

Thanks, that was what I used and it told me it needed the gearbox oil change on top of the service.

It lists:

Service 3 - at every service
Engine: change oil and filter
Service 4 - Every 2 years
Check bodywork for paintwork damage - The country-specific rules for mobility and body shell complaints apply (To be conducted by service advisor)
Chassis panels and load bearing body panels: Check for signs of damage and corrosion (Check visible area) - The country-specific rules for mobility and body shell complaints apply (To be conducted by service advisor)
Replace brake fluid
Service 20 - Once at 31,000 miles/3 years
Automatic transmission: Carry out oil and filter change (with transmission 722.9 NAG-2)

Yes the kit is around £80 on ebay and takes a couple of hours, i'll be doing mine in a few weeks when i've more time and the ramp at work is free.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom