E-Class Coupe (2014) Wheel choices

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rossco4

Car
A
Hi all,

New to this forum and will be having my new coupe delivered in the next couple of weeks.

It will be fitted with the AMG Sport package so will have the 18" 5 twin spoke alloys.

I'm really keen to fit the 19" AMG 16 spoke black wheels with chrome rim.

The car is polar white and just wondered if anyone else had done this and how they looked? I know the extra inch may change the ride height slightly but without lowering it I am curious how this would look?

Any help with this would be great!

Thanks
Ross

Welcome aboard.

The extra inch should be compensated with lower profile tyres so it shouldn't make any significance difference to the ride height.

Thanks!

It's been a little while since I've been on car forums. Getting rid of my current car soon (C-Class Estate) and as great as it's been it's been something I've wanted to do much with. Since signing up for the new E-Class Coupe tho, it's kind of rekindled my interest and maybe doing a few things with it.

Sounds good about the ride height. I was worried it'd end up looking a bit too jacked up and out of place as I don't really want to go down the route of having it lowered.

I'm quite interested in these...
AMG alloy wheels | Genuine new 19" AMG V 16-spoke | fits Mercedes E Class Coupe C207 | Alloy Wheels Direct Ltd
Wonder if many people have used them and have good things to say?

Also found a set on eBay (UK Company and seller) who sells what seem to be copies of the OEM AMG Wheels above but for a fraction of the price...

Thanks

Alloy Wheels Direct have a good reputation. In buying MB wheels you are paying for the mark up of a car manufacturers parts distribution network. You could get a similar quality wheel for between £1000-1500, if you don't mind not having the AMG badge. I'm not sure who makes this particular wheel for MB, it looks very similar to an OZ superturismo. OZ group does make wheels for MB, maybe someone on else here knows.

There a number of copies out there of varying quality. Personally I'd avoid the ones with the fake AMG badges (one uses FAME to look like AMG) and any where you don't know the manufacturer source and can check the quality of their manufacturing processes. Anyone who goes to the effort of getting TUV and ISO approvals is ok to use in my opinion.

Either way make sure you get a wheel with the right centre bore, and a suitable offset for the width of the wheels and your car. One way of ensuring this is to buy the same width and offset as your factory supplied 18's.

However, don't despair if you can't find exactly the same sizes as there is some room for manoeuvre, especially on the rear set. Just be aware that it's illegal in UK to have the wheels protruding past wheel arches and on the front especially you want to make sure the inside edge does not foul on any suspension or bodywork components. Also look out for rubbing on full suspension compression if you do go for different widths and offsets.

I hope this helps

Steve

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom