E class coupe help please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
AFAIK you can stream Music over Bluetooth on any device form NTG4 and upwards.

Purists and proper audiophiles will want music played only via cable, however, never over the air....

Last question - I'm buying today and it's between two 2015 models in the same colour.

One is £2000 cheaper but doesn't have pano roof or the UCI (universal communication interface).
I'm not fussed about the pano roof but from what I udnerstand, the UC allows you to connet various devices is this going to be an issue? Surely bluetooth bypasses that?
Which one did you go for?

Which one did you go for

The one I wanted was being sold as I called up. Right this minute I am calling around my shortlist. I am having trouble identifying leather or artico. One ad states artico but there is no mention of it in the datacard history - same goes for the adds that state 'ful leather. I just see codes like 210a, 211a, 221a etc but no mention of whether the leather is 100% leather or artico (which MB claim still qualifies as leather). I am just caught in a loop of internet searches (but had no luck on identifying artico from the options codes).

Can you help?

I have abour 5 on the shortlist. A a great looking 1 owner 2015 model but with 83k. It was also registered in 2014 so is clealr an old model (it's even listed as AMG Sport). I also have the white one I fell in love with (without the UCI) but it has artico leather (apparently) and that puts me off. Really want to pull the trigger. Some dealer redvies put me off and trustworthy ones, like CarShop, are just a couple of grand too pricey and they don't haggle. Sigh. This is my last day off - I want it sorted!

Sorry :( I can't offer any great insight other than to say the I would expect the sales brochure for the relevant, if you can get sight of a hard or electronic copy, will have a note against the upholstery options and small print identifying it as Artico. If not, then it's real leather.

I base this on the W212 E Class brochures I've been dipping in and out of over recent months.

Okay, my choice is between two cars with the same average annual mileage. One is a 2015 E220 Bluetec is there a major difference in engines that would push me towards the 220d?

Also, the 2015 is in my absolute favourite colour and the 2016 model is in my second favourite cover. Identical specs except that the 2016 model has smartphone integration and Apple Carplay (although the 2015 model must have some smartphone integration because it can make calls and and play audio from the phone).all things considered would you recommend I go for the 2015 or the 2016?

And it's done. I have officially purchased a black 2016 E220d :) and it gets delivered in a week's time.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a reversing camera but I know one can be retrofitted - has anyone got any recommendations of companies to install them?

I'd also like to retrofit dynamic handling package if that's possible?

Sorry, a bit late....
This is for 2010 w212.s212 (so E-class saloon and estate), but probably still applies to deciper colours and materials.
In summary:
If it starts with a "1" it's artico
If it starts with a "2" it's leather
If it starts with an "8" it's nappa

I'm sure this will be useful for others, and this is asked a lot.

p44.jpg

p45.jpg

P46.jpg

Congrats on the purchase. Hope you like it

Where are you, ref installing reversing camera recommendations (near Lightwater?).

I'm not aware that the dynamic handling package can be retrofitted though.....

....Where are you, ref installing reversing camera recommendations (near Lightwater?)....

^^^^^^^^^
As above.

www.comandonline.co.uk in Lightwater will be able to retrofit anything that can be retrofitted.... (and even some things that the dealer said couldn't be retrofitted :) )

And it's done. I have officially purchased a black 2016 E220d :) and it gets delivered in a week's time.

Unfortunately it doesn't have a reversing camera but I know one can be retrofitted - has anyone got any recommendations of companies to install them?

Excellent choice.

Hi B , I was lent a Mercedes E 400d by a Mercedes Dealer when my car was being serviced.

This car was brand new and did have a reversing camera. I tried it many times.Unfortunately I did not get on with the system plus you could easily just reverse with out looking and checking what obstructions are not shown on the camera.

I have the C207 car with a different engine installed.

This is the only car that I have owned that puts a smile on my face when I drive it.

If you do have a camera installed please make sure that you find a really good car electrician to do the work if you want the system plumbed into the 12 volt electrical system rather than using the 12 volt plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom