E Class Coupe Privacy Glass??

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rjc

I'm picking up a new white 350cdi Sport Coupe next week and wondered what your thoughts are on privacy glass. I'm having the panoramic roof, but wondered whether the tints may cheapen the look slightly.
Any comments would be welcome.

Rob

I wouldn't go for them personally as they aren't factory fit, but if they were a factory option when I ordered my E350 then I probably would have considered it.

Depends how dark as well. Don't want to look too chavvy or cheap either.

IMHO nothing worse than clear front windows and tinted rears. Looks awful.

Problem is the legalities. Can only have a minimal tint all round to remain legal

Get a removeable sun blind for the rear - much classier and stops people behind you in traffic seeing when you pick your nose (i found!!). Don't think there are sun blinds for the rear quarters though? Tinted windows are tacky IMO, i should know i've got them on my ML :D

I have a coupe in white with the panoramic roof (so good choice you have made :thumb: )

I found when the car was delivered the windows appear to be slightly tinted anyway and although not to the degree of privacy glass I think it looks good enough...

Enjoy the car, it is great!

I have a coupe in white with the panoramic roof (so good choice you have made :thumb: )

I found when the car was delivered the windows appear to be slightly tinted anyway and although not to the degree of privacy glass I think it looks good enough...

Enjoy the car, it is great!

same here totally agree and no need for any further tinting. just enjoy the car

Thanks for the comments guys. Think I'll leave the tints. :thumb:

Got a full-size panoramic roof on my other car (the Renault, not the Merc) - works great, makes the cabing feel much more airy, and does not pose a problem at all in summer i.e. the interior does not overheat.

Thanks again for the replies.

I had a good look through the used car sections of MB UK, Piston Heads and the Trader, but can't find ONE with privacy glass. That's got to be a clue hasn't it???

Tinted windows are tacky IMO, i should know i've got them on my ML :D

Yeah, but they do help to stop the dogs melting in the summer....and you can't see just how mad they look!:D

I don't like cars with tinted windows. They look mean . Privacy for what ?

I always have them as they keep the sun out of the kids eyes and keep the car really cool.

I go for a pretty light tint all round, making it darker as it goes to the rear, though as I hate the van look.

This is actually 30% on the front and 40% on the rear....
bmw4.jpg

Had to resurrect this thread after seeing a new black CLS being handed over today with rear privacy tints.
It looked extremely nice IMO and I would like mine doing.
I can't help looking at the pano roof as that has a great tint, just looks like a normal black roof and would love all of the back windows tinting the same.
The other reason I would like it doing as the picture of the White one with the tint gives the impression that the rear windows are 1 and you don't really see the rear quarter window on it's own. Due to this I think the back end is filled out rather nicely and to me it seems like it's bulkier at the rear. Can't quite describe it but SL springs to mind.

Anyway, I am looking for local tinters and hope to have prices on Monday. Only concern is that they're careful with my nice interior!

Looks a bit chavvy IMHO. Also another excuse for the cops to pull you over if they look too dark(at the front).

If you've got the cash spare, get it tinted anyway, you can always have it removed if you don't like it. I think dark coloured cars look good tinted, but light ones can be a bit odd. White with a mid-tint and black wheels works well though.

My rear windows are tinted.. It looks good with the obsidian black paint.. Kind of like something you see in those Japanese Yakuza films..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom