E class coupe vs C class coupe (2015 models)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rezaa91

Car
C class
So I'm looking at buying either the c class or e class coupe - 2015 models. I am currently unsure which to get. I am yet to test drive either car so hoping that would make the decision clearer once I have done. I was just wondering what your thoughts were in regards to these 2 models. In regards to trim I'm open to suggestions.... budget is approx 20k

I had a 2013 facelift E coupe and currently have a 2016 model , both 220d. All E coupes after 2014 are all AMG sport trim so the only choice will be engine size. They all come as standard with Command, leather,multicontour seats,auto box ,park assist and folding mirrors,both of mine had the Pano roof, a must have in my opinion.LED intelligent lights were made standard in late 2014 I think. There's much more room in the back of the E coupe and the car itself looks more up to date than the C coupe.I've not driven a C coupe so can't comment on the drive / roadholding but get behind the wheel of the E and you won't really care if the C is better .The E just puts a smile on your face no matter how fast or slow you drive it, or I'm getting too old and sensible.:D

Yes the E class was winning me over by the look of it tbh. And I agree, the pan roof looks beautiful, that will be a must regardless of which model I choose. I'm going to test drive them both next weekend so hopefully that will help. I think I'm set on the E class though.

More composed chassis in the E Coupe. As you have to sit in it, it also doesn't look like they forgot to fit the interior and threw a load of bits in later.

Although 20k for a 2015 model is probably stretching it somewhat for a decent one.

Go for the E class, you might get the C class and regret not getting the bigger motor

Test drove them both in 2015. Really it was no competition. Only test drove the coupes as no demo cabriolets available btw!

More composed chassis in the E Coupe. As you have to sit in it, it also doesn't look like they forgot to fit the interior and threw a load of bits in later.

Although 20k for a 2015 model is probably stretching it somewhat for a decent one.

Sorry, I forgot to mention that I'm looking to buy end of the year. I've seen 3 year old E class coupes go for around the 18.5k mark so was hoping by that time the price might come down on use cars.

I'm leaning more towards the E220d for the better MPG - I do a lot of motorway miles you see so want something efficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom