E class - 'dipping' door mirror when reversing

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyr27

Car
C320 CDI Sport Estate
Can anybody help?

In my manual it tells me that is possible to have the nearside door mirror dip when revers is engaged. There is an asterisk which makes me think that I may need to have selected some accessory.

Do I need an option/accessory? Can I retrofit?

I have a '04 E270 Avantgarde estate - any ideas?

Probably an option together with memory mirrors / seats . . do you have those too ?

S.

GrahamC230K said:
You need memory seats.
More likely to be memory mirrors isn't it? I think we all agree that it's memory *something* :)

Shude said:
More likely to be memory mirrors isn't it? I think we all agree that it's memory *something* :)

Yeah, but I recall reading somewhere that it all steams from memory seats. No memory seats, no memory mirror!

As my luxuries included Parktronic, Active lights, heated seats, leather, extra seats, Cd and mobile phone kit - I decided that it was looking like a Christmas list already!

Bah - so I decided that memory seats was a step too far as my wife and I don't have to adjust the seat.

to make it work, the adjustment slelector needs to be on passenger, then when you put in reverse it should work. If the button is pressed to driver side then doesnt work.

Jay

On my car (W208), I select the auto-dip feature by leaving the electronic mirror adjustment set to adjust the passenger's mirror. I do have memory seats and mirrors can't comment on whether this will work without ....

on my dad's W209, this feature is activated using the steering wheel controls/menu.

Jason

This is only available with memory seats, so I don't have it either :(

Nor me.

Spent a while trying to work that one out too.

Marc

i have this on my W208 CLK with drivers memory seat, but passenger full-manual one

as said, the switch must be set to passenger mirror for it to work when reverse is engaged.

andyr27 said:
Can anybody help?

In my manual it tells me that is possible to have the nearside door mirror dip when revers is engaged. There is an asterisk which makes me think that I may need to have selected some accessory.

Do I need an option/accessory? Can I retrofit?

I have a '04 E270 Avantgarde estate - any ideas?

There is nothing magical about the mirror itself. The door controller is somewhat different and as far as I know it performs several important functions including folding mirrors.

I have it on mine and I don't have memory seats.
The only problem is mine wont do it automatically so I have to press the mirror button down. :rolleyes:

Unfortunately I also have to remember to press the button up when I take it out of reverse. :D

I have memory for the positions of the wing mirrors, and reverse position,
for the position of the seats and head restraints, and position of the steering wheel (fore/aft and rake)

BUT no memory for the position of the rear view mirror which is a complete manual affair :(

For any memory for the nearside mirror, even if it is just for reverse, you need a memory button somewhere! No button, no memory.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom