E-class estate 3rd row of seats regulations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Williamwoo

Car
W124 E320 estate / Audi A6 BiTdi / Skoda Yeti 4x4 / VW Caravelle
Hi,

Does anyone know the rules about who you are allowed to carry in the 3rd row of seats in an E-class estate? I know there is a weight limit, but I was wondering about carrying kids - can I legally carry children there (and would I need additional child seats/bolsters etc) and, if so, are there age limits?
I have a 124 and a 212, both 7-seaters.

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Does anyone know the rules about who you are allowed to carry in the 3rd row of seats in an E-class estate? I know there is a weight limit, but I was wondering about carrying kids - can I legally carry children there (and would I need additional child seats/bolsters etc) and, if so, are there age limits?
I have a 124 and a 212, both 7-seaters.

Thanks in advance.

Have you read the respective Handbooks and/ or/ researched the gov.uk vehicle website?

Have you read the respective Handbooks and/ or/ researched the gov.uk vehicle website?

Well, yes. Handbook for 124 is long gone, but the one for the 212 suggests seat is suitable for people up to 1.4m tall and 50kg in weight. However, I cannot see anything on the government website (nor the ROSPA site it links to) that explicitly says it's ok to transport kids in these seats without additional childseats or boosters, unless the seat has a label with an E in a circle (which neither of my cars does).

Watching with genuine interest here. I also have a seven seater 124 Wagon and never found a ‘definitive’ answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom