E-Class Estate All Terrain

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OMG!!

Why, just, why???

I like.

I'm sure there's a tamer version coming already, similar to the Audi All-Road model.

I like.

I'm sure there's a tamer version coming already, similar to the Audi All-Road model.

That's a good shout, I hadn't thought about that. The Allroad has done well for Audi.

The flaired arches are a little excessive but the E63 could do with some more shape. Not too much, the stealth look is good but just a little more muscle :thumb:

Hideous! Way too Monster Truck to be taken seriously.

Well, you did ask.

As shown , it will help lower the average age of Mercedes drivers as 5 year olds will love it (monster truck cool!)

But then I think the GLE coupe was a bad idea copied.....

OMG!!

Why, just, why???

Because Volvo have had something similar for years .

Mind you , MB had the S124 with 4-Matic decades ago , and my Ponton had almost as much ground clearance back in the 1950's ( took it off road more than a few times ) .

Hideous but better than an M class ?

A face that only a Soccer Mum could love. And hopefully she will, and turn away from the stupid brick like aerodynamics of Range Rovers and ML's.

And maybe even 1% will be driven off-road.....

Because Volvo have had something similar for years .

Mind you , MB had the S124 with 4-Matic decades ago , and my Ponton had almost as much ground clearance back in the 1950's ( took it off road more than a few times ) .

Yeah and that was Rubbish too, Awful looks and rubbish Haldex unit:fail

They already have the conservatively jacked up "all terrain" version of the E class estate. :confused:
New 2017 Mercedes E-class All-Terrain | Mercedes E-class All-Terrain 2017 ? in pictures* - Cars

16C1066_025-large_trans_NvBQzQNjv4Bqeo_i_u9APj8RuoebjoAHt4TQXy-JIYeNHjz2OazuOpE.JPG

Mercedes buyers wanting a very expensive Tonka Toy are already catered for with the G wagen surely?

If it helps Mercedes to keep developing the cars I want then I'm all for it.

The XC70 and the Audi Allroad both ride far better than their standard estate counterparts, and I don't expect any different from the E-Class All Terrain either.

It just allows them to concentrate on luxury and comfort rather than trying to get the balance between comfort and handling, to appease to the Volvo market and BMW market with one product.

With a starting price of £59,000 it allows them to make it a seriously luxurious car as standard.

I love these threads. "I don't need one so why does Mercedes build it?"
You would think Mercedes might have done a bit of market research.

AWD, SUVs in particular are the fastest growing type of car on the market, plus once customers have had one they usually stick with them too.
Didn't VAG say that they expect 65% of models offered to be SUVs by 2030 and 25% to be small Eco cars? That doesn't leave much for everything else, but shows the direction things are moving.

I went back to an E350 estate, it is great, I love it, but if I am honest with myself it juts isn't as good as the equivalent SUV. Not as comfy, not as relaxing to drive, not quite the load space. It does feel more sporty (Haha, Mercedes estate feeling sporty), it is around 3mpg better on fuel and......think the road tax is £4 a month cheaper.

If someone offered to do a swap for my E350 estate for their GLE350 I would in a heartbeat, to me the GLE does everything the E350 does, but better.

Well there's a good argument for the stearing column mounted gear sector that so many here seem to dislike.

That gear selector looks like something from 1980. :eek:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
To be fair at present its a "concept vehicle" with portal axles designed to promote the recently launched All Terrain E class estate. Mercedes are "toying" with a limited production run.

Well there's a good argument for the stearing column mounted gear sector that so many here seem to dislike.

That gear selector looks like something from 1980. :eek:

That is a pic from the X-Class twin cab.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom