E Class Estate for the Wife

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What symptoms did you experience ?
Well that was the difficult part because it was only when I drove another 212 with fresh mountings that I realised mine were gone. It’s all a bit relative. There was nothing obviously wrong or knocking/clanking and nothing visible etc but the engine sounded much more throaty, i Actually quite liked it and so thought it was normal. When I had them changed it was noticeably quieter, smoother and the gear changes also seemed smoother.

[/QUOTE
Looking at an E250 Avantgarde 2012 full serviced history 1 owner Sat nav etc. Any views ? They are 201BHP or there abouts which in around the same as my S Class w220 320cdi so wondering what you lot think and is there anything to look out for? Reg LN 12 ODY. Thanks all for your help,don't want to buy a dud for the Missus.

Nothing on the MOT history that I would be too bothered about. It really depends on what the full spec is and what price is being asked for it. Is it a private sale or at a dealer?
You will notice the difference in power delivery between the 4 cylinder E250 and the 6 cylinder W220 even though the bhp is similar. I have noticed it with my current E220d which is only 10 bhp less than my previous E320CDI. But only when you put your foot down for rapid acceleration - not quite so responsive.

That's the throttle pedal lag that plagues
( in built ) more modern drive by wire vehicles.

We aren't going to proceed with the car, we got messed about to much and it didn't feel right so we have had our deposit returned,so back to the drawing board. I've been waiting for my brother in law to get a new Mercedes M class so I can get his 2011 300ML.
So now trolling the internet for a good deal on an E Class for my wife.
Thank you all for your help.

Going to have a look at this one GK10 TOA E350 Full main dealer history, 2 owners and the MOT records look good.

Duuggghhh!! The wife has just asked if a C Class Estate wouldn't be better!!! Any ideas what the best option for a 2010 on C Class Estate,and what to avoid.

Duuggghhh!! The wife has just asked if a C Class Estate wouldn't be better!!! Any ideas what the best option for a 2010 on C Class Estate,and what to avoid.
I can't help you on the C as i have an E, but i did look at C estates before i bought my E and i was actually surprised how small they are. I was coming from a Mondeo so maybe why. If you are a larger Gentleman it might be a bit of a squeeze - they seemed quite narrow. Saying that the Mondeo i think is actually wider than the E.

Thanks for your reply,Large gentleman is a very nice statement Big and Fat would be more appropriate but thanks again, as said it would be for the wife but I would be driving it occasionally. I still much prefer the E class Estate because of the space and we have a few dogs.

Thanks for your reply,Large gentleman is a very nice statement Big and Fat would be more appropriate but thanks again, as said it would be for the wife but I would be driving it occasionally. I still much prefer the E class Estate because of the space and we have a few dogs.

I bought my first E class estate, an S124 300TE-24v more than 25 years ago because of the size of the load area which would accommodate 4 Golden Retrievers comfortably. The only alternative at the time was a Volvo but I couldn't bring myself to have one of those tractors. The S124 was followed by an S210 and then an S211 which I have just changed for an S213. There have been countless fridges, beds, settees etc etc down the years as well. The space is second to none.

I agree, I'm going to be a Sneaky Git and try and use the Dogs lack of space to help her see sense!!! I will let you all know how that goes.#

Thanks again.

Well at last we bought a E350 Avantgarde Wednesday, and I must say I'm very impressed with it,what a lovely drive.
It's got the must have heated seats that my wife can't seem to live without! not only that it even has heated rear seats and a Pan sunroof with electric blinds.
It has a DVD on the rear headrests but this isn't working so I will have to get that looked at,but the guy did say before buying that it wasn't working.
Does anyone know if it is difficult to fit a reversing camera to a vehicle with command? and if so is it expensive?
So just to get me something now,I am still waiting for my brother in law to find a new vehicle so I can get his ML300 2011.

Any ideas on the reversing camera please? Is there a port in the command module that can be accessed to just plug and play??

Thanks,
Bill.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom