E-Class Estate Sport - Differences between 2011 and 2012 models

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

JuJigsaw

Car
E-Class 250 CDi Sport Estate Tip
Just about to take delivery of a brand new E-Class 250CDi Sport Estate tip :D and want to be sure I'm getting a current year (2012) model and not last years model, if indeed there's any difference. I'm a little suspicious as the paperwork listed the car but also noted 2011 at the end. I questioned this and was told that that was merely a note of when that model came into being. I checked and the E-Class estate looks to have been introduced in 2009/10. I questioned it again and was assured it's a 'current model'.

So be 100% sure I've searched for a thread which gives the differences between the 2011 and 2012 models, if there are any, but can't find one. Is there a thread or does anyone know if/what are the differences between these two model years? Also, what's with the difference between the 'hockey stick' style and straight style LED running/fog lights? Is this a visual indicator of the difference in model years? The hockey stick style seem to be on slightly older (1-2yrs) estates than the straight ones?

Any help much appreciated. :thumb:

comand online - NTG4.5 was slip-streamed in July 2011. afaik, that would be the main one.

Hockey stick started on all, then was changed to straight on all but sport models (in UK) whcih retained it for a while (maybe still?).
So you are correct that generally the hockey stick ones are older, but not necessarily for sport models.

Last edited:
Get the latest brochure and see if it's the same as the model in that.

I'm also in the market to buy a new E Class ( just about to place an order for a factory build E220 Sport Estate ) and wanted to mention that the brochure in the UK website it's update so you'll need to get one from the dealer. The online version show Navigation 50 as still being an option.

The e-class configurator is also up ( and down ) if you use this link

Mercedes-Benz UK - Configurator - Estate configurator

What level of discount is to be expected in a new purchase ?

Thanks

Si

Online retailers are discounting E Classes by about 18%.

Is the 500 still available in UK?
The online brochure has some spiel about the 5.5 engine and how marvellous it is, but I don't see it mentioned in the price list any more.

2013 model changes

The 2013 model year went into production in June 2012.

E 350 BlueTec dicontinued (E class saloon and estate)
E 200 BlueEfficeincy dicontinued (E class estate only)
Removal of 'BlueEFFICIENCY' exterior badging

Enhanced Telematics including colour scheme change from Amber to Silver
USB & Aux in connection points now in centre arm rest

Becker Map Pilot replaces Navigation 50

Calcite white (code 650) replaced by Polar White (Code 149)
Indigolite Blue (Code 230) replaced by Diamond Silver (Code 988)

Lovely, that's great. The USB/Aux in centre arm rest is enough of a visual clue to work out if it's 2013 or not. Cheers.

Lovely, that's great. The USB/Aux in centre arm rest is enough of a visual clue to work out if it's 2013 or not. Cheers.

Do you have the media interface ? Is so where are these connectors ?

Si

Hi,
I don't have the media interface, but I can stream music via bluetooth from an iphone.

Hi,
I don't have the media interface, but I can stream music via bluetooth from an iphone.
Two questions:
- Is this iPhone specific or can it be done with an Android/Blackberry?
- What's the quality like? I've tried this before on different cars and it was terrible. A bit like music on AM, not great.

......so it better bloody have that interface or I'll be mad!!:mad: It's the main thing that bugs me most about my existing car and one of the reasons I chose this car.

i understand the media interface was in the glovebox
are you saying on the post june 2012 models that the same interface is in the armrest instead?

JuJigsaw said:
Two questions:
- Is this iPhone specific or can it be done with an Android/Blackberry?
- What's the quality like? I've tried this before on different cars and it was terrible. A bit like music on AM, not great.

......so it better bloody have that interface or I'll be mad!!:mad: It's the main thing that bugs me most about my existing car and one of the reasons I chose this car.

I don't think the BT music is iPhone specific. As for the quality, I think it is very good - if anything I find it better than via the media interface attached to an iPod in the glovebox. Plus you can stream music feeds received by your phone from sources such as spotify which I don't think is possible over the media interface. There is less control but you can still see track names, pause/play and skip tracks with the steering wheel or the dially thing.

Your original question was between MY11 and MY12. If it's a car from stock I would have thought it's unlikely to be a MY13.

Hi, i have only tried with an iphone and the quality was excellent.

Do you have the media interface ? Is so where are these connectors ?

Car has now arrived. Have learned from the main dealer that the car was manufactured in Dec '11 so it is a last years model as I suspected. It doesn't have the USB interface in the centre arm rest or anywhere that I can see and only has a 3.5mm audio jack socket in the arm rest recess. This does allow MP3 player connection but no control from the steering wheel, very annoying. It also does not have the Beck Map Pilot pre-wiring and plug-and-play glove box socket. All pretty disappointing tbh but as it's a lease car there's little that I can do about it I guess.

Hi,

Can someone tell me how this is done? It looks like a I have the basic Audio 20 system (without multi changer), ahem, so wondering if it's even possible with this basic setup. Does have great sound quality though for a basic system.

Wow, a brand new car thats pretty much a year old.....glad I ordered a factory build now :)

I had a demo car for a weekend that had the basic Audio 20 ( and was older than the June 2012 updates ) and that didn't have bluetooth streaming or USB port in the armrest.

I was very disappointed with the standard audio quality, so much so we have upgraded to HK ( which involved adding the Comand )

Si

Wow, a brand new car that's pretty much a year old.....glad I ordered a factory build now

Tell me about it!! Factory order added £100's onto the monthly's for an almost identical car though, save for a few bits, so tbh I'm pretty pleased, nay extremely pleased, with what I've got for the money. Would still be nice to have a few more bits on it though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom