E Class Estate Tailgate Alignment

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlenheimMotors

Car
E320 CDI Avantgarde Estate
The tailgate on my 2009 E320CDi is sitting flush on the drivers side yet is sitting a few mm proud on the passenger side, and it also rattles because it is not sitting tight. Is there a procedure I need to follow to re-align the tailgate? Many thanks.

Please help

Greetings, I know this thread is from earlier in the year, but I'm hoping that you can also provide me with the steps required to correct the alignment?

Cheers!

Sean
[email protected]

Hit the Edit button quickly, and just delete it.

Many thanks.

As hinges have not been disturbed do you think it is likely to be just a case of adjusting the Y stops ?

G

I would have thought so. I suspect you're in for a world of grief if you start trying to adjust the hinges, unless it's so badly out you cannot really make it worse.

I'm not an expert on this, though: I've tweaked my rubber stops slightly and my tailgate is fine now. That is the extent of my experience.

Mark,
Thanks again - just had a new tailgate grab handle fitted whilst they were fixing a rust spot underneath it. Involved taking carpeted panel off and nothing else was touched.

As the stuff you sent includes dims for the gaps I can check how far out they are before I adjust anything - haven't heard any rattles and (touch wood) no sign of water getting in.

I certainly do not fancy messing with the hinges !

Mark,
Tailgate sorted - found the top half of tailgate internal trim was not fully seated. It was standing about 5 mm off from window surround.

Pushed back firmly now everything aligns again.

G

Yes, there is. Provide me an email address and I'll send the instructions.
Mine is an S212 with the same issue, will your instructions be suitable for this one please?

Mine is an S212 with the same issue, will your instructions be suitable for this one please?
This thread is over 9 years old.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom