E class estate travall dog guard

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BobbyJ

Car
Glc 250D AMGline
Hi everyone, I have a 2015 E class estate and want to get a Travall dig guard and divider, Travall list only a guard for 2009-2015 models and a different design guard with a divider available for >2016 models, looking at pictures online, the 2015 guard attaches using the cars roof anchor points, and the 2016 version uses clamps that fix to the interior sides of the car.
Basically I am trying to find information regarding any physical boot space changes between the 2015-2016 models, has anyone upgraded their 2009 -2015 estate and transferred their dog guard to the newer car and does it fit?
Travall say that they didn't make a divider for pre 2016 models, and I'm just wondering if they changed the design for a better fit and the new version would fit but they just haven't tested it in old cars.

Any help much appreciated.

On the Barjo website you can download fitting instructions for both models of their dog guard (pre/post 2016), which may help. But interestingly they also only list a guard with divider for the 2016> car:

On the Barjo website you can download fitting instructions for both models of their dog guard (pre/post 2016), which may help. But interestingly they also only list a guard with divider for the 2016> car:

Thanks for the reply and link, the barjo guards for both versions fit the same with hooks around the head rests, but can't tell if the guarf dimensions are different. I think I'll email travall again and see if they have cad drawings they can check with actual dimensions on.

Thanks for the reply and link, the barjo guards for both versions fit the same with hooks around the head rests, but can't tell if the guarf dimensions are different. I think I'll email travall again and see if they have cad drawings they can check with actual dimensions on.
This may be a silly question from a non dog owner but if your putting the seats down can you not fix the parcel shelf to the back of the folded seat and use the cargo net slots in the roof , if not folding then can you not just use the cargo net against the roof?

Also

Not sure about the E Class, but cargo nets generally have a gap each side that a dog could potentially get through. They're also potentially vulnerable to damage from chewing.

Much would depend on the size of the dog. In my 2012 s212, even my small (cocker spaniel size) dog could not have got through the gap.

This may be a silly question from a non dog owner but if your putting the seats down can you not fix the parcel shelf to the back of the folded seat and use the cargo net slots in the roof , if not folding then can you not just use the cargo net against the roof?

Also
The net has quite a big gap at the side, it's fine for luggage but not for our dog lol, the guard is more solid and the additional divider allows you to split the boot in half, so half for the dog and rest for luggage/ shopping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom