E Class Estate

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jaymanek

Authorised Forum Sponsor
SUPPORTER
Car
Lots of Mercedes!
Was reading the motoring section of one of the sunday papers, cant recall which, but did anyone read the E Class Estate review by Jeremy Clarkson.

Wow what a thumbs up, He usually has a lot of bad things to say about any car, however this was a great review...

He did slate the dealers though, but he's right, MB Service and Parts DO seem to have a grudge against all owners.....

Originally posted by jaymanek
...MB Service and Parts DO seem to have a grudge against all owners.....

Usually but not always, I got very good service from MB Swansea when I went in with a sick car last week. I gave them no prior warning (just turned up on their doorstep) and they had the car repaired that same afternoon, granted it was an easy fix but my faith has been restored somewhat.

Or maybe it was the exception that proves the rule :D :p

S.

Being an E320 CDI owner I echo what Jeremy says about them.:bannana: :bannana:

I never thought that I would agree with the Bigotted Pr*tt.:D :D

Last edited:
I printed it out to post to my dad, he has ordered a E320Cdi Estate, should get it before the end of the month.

The whole dealer thing could be part of the "Pleasure/Pain" theory.......

I love my car. I love looking at it, driving it, even cleaning it. It gives me pleasure.

Unfortunately though, it's a convertible that doesn't convert. A part was scheduled to arrive today - ordered early last week. It *was* going to arrive last Wedneseday, "we'll phone you sir". Aye right!

So I phone them. "It's on back-order sir [but we couldn't be bothered telling you]. It'll arrive next Wednesday. We'll phone you". Yeah, I'll show my **** from Edinburgh Castle if you do.

Phoned this afternoon.....
"Yes, your part arrived this morning."
"Great! I'll drop my car off tomorrow then."
"It's not booked in. You'll have to wait till next Thursday now."
[You are f***** joking!!!!]

What exactly did they think should be done with the part when it arrived. Did they think i wanted to put it on my mantlepiece and look and the bleeding thing??? :crazy:

For me, it's the little things like this that all lead to the customer service being so fustrating and annoying. The folk who work there are friendly people. The Service Manager is a nice guy. But it doesn't take much to return a phone call. And you don't need a physics degree to realise that when someone orders a part they may actually want you to fit it for them.

Sorry to go on, but they really f***** wind me up.

Sorry to here about your Dealer problems Simon, but they are not all bad.

My dealer at Derby is first rate and couldn't be more helpful.:cool:

Originally posted by andy_k
hmmm Simon - they did get the part for Wednesday - have you kept your half of the deal???? :)

Andy

i was referring to them phoning me - i had to phone them. nice try andy ;)

tee hee simon - you keep yourself covered up.

A few words here to praise the parts guys at MB Eastbourne (formerly Rossetts). they get stuff in quickly and always phone when they say they will. they've found parts that other dealers say don't exist and are always friendly and helpful.

Andy

I have had my E320CDi serviced twice in Germany,during the last year(both times at Mannheim).Just drove in,no appointment,received Smart for the morning,and the work was done.Prices also better than at a UK Merc dealer too.They also told me that-mechanically-the car was in excellent order(290000 miles on clock at the second service).They say that they have clients with similar models with over 500k miles on the clock.

Wow what a thumbs up, He usually has a lot of bad things to say about any car, however this was a great review...

He did slate the dealers though, but he's right, MB Service and Parts DO seem to have a grudge against all owners.....

Well we know for a fact he owns/owned SLK55, SL65 Black Series, Grosser, amongst others (and I'd imagine there's an SLS in his future); so a cynic would say all he's really doing is defending his discount and pleading for free MB World servicing for life ;)

Wow, this thread is from 2003! :eek:

Whats the record for the oldest thread resurrection?

I have had my E320CDi serviced twice in Germany,during the last year(both times at Mannheim).

Long way from London, let alone Majorca. I would have thought you would've phoned first and said I'm setting off, I'll be there in 2 days..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom