E Class .. exhausts in rear bumber on which varients?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

andyjenkins

Car
S204 C250 Sport
Hi all,
I popped along to Audi, BMW and MB today to look at the successor to the C250 Sport I've had for 2 years.

Aside from being sent to sleep in Audi (although the A7 is a nice looking car) and ignored because I seemingly wasn't Chav enough in BMW (although the wife liked the X6 and 5GT), I popped into my local MB dealer to look at the E Class - wondering if perhaps its too big for what I need.

I noticed that alot of the E Class's there all had the twin chrome exits built into the bumper, that I thought only the E350 Sport had? I saw plenty of 220's and 250's (not sure if they were sport or not) but they all had the chrome exits in the bumper.

Was this part of the 125 celebration or something ?

Maybe its a bit chavy, but I kinda like the exhausts in the bumpers on the E Class - which they did it on the C Class.

I saw the new B Class too - and that had the exhausts in the bumpers as well, as well as the S Class .. so it looks like the C Class is destined an update and will have them I guess.

e class 125 variants with bigger than entry level engines have rectangular exhausts (one each side of car) except the coupe and convertible that still have oval one on each side

e class 125 variants with bigger than entry level engines have rectangular exhausts (one each side of car) except the coupe and convertible that still have oval one on each side

From September I think, all sport models regardless of engine size get double trapezodial pipes. Avantgarde E350 also gets the trapezodial treatment. E coupe and cabrio still have single oval pipes except the E350 coupe/cabrio which has double oval pipes.

The new B class has oval pipes similar to what is on the current C class

Last edited:
I'm sure only the 350 plus models have a pipe on each side. All 180s, 200s, 220s and 250s have a pipe on one side only for C's and E-Class's.

I was in MB today getting my Fathers car serviced and was checking all models out.

My Dad has been looking at the E350's but also the E250's and he in under the impression that you can specify the dual exhaust on a E250 as an option.

I'm sure only the 350 plus models have a pipe on each side. All 180s, 200s, 220s and 250s have a pipe on one side only for C's and E-Class's.

I was in MB today getting my Fathers car serviced and was checking all models out.

Before September only the sport models E350 CGI & CDI and both Sport and Avantgarde E500 had the trapezodial pipes. All other Sport diesel engine size had single oval pipes and pipes were hidden on SE and AG models. The E200 & E250 CGI both came with double oval exhaust pipes.

Since September 11, all Sport models get the trapezodial pipes and the gear is moved to the column on all engine sizes as well where previously this was only obtained in the E350 and above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom