E-class facelift - summer '06

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

the zacster

Car
Volvo V70 D5
Does anyone have any info on what's planned for this summer's E-class facelift? The pages on the web suggest that the changes will be very minor (and largely cosmetic)...but if anyone knows any more (e.g. spec changes?) I'd be keen to hear it, as I'm planning to buy an e-class estate (280CDI) reasonably soon but might hold off if the facelift involved some significant changes...

Last edited:
Here's a link to some facelift photos

Changes are largely cosmetic and appear to be restricted to front bumper, front and rear lights and wing mirrors.

your right .. id wait till the facelift.

its enough to devalue it when you come to sell it unless your getting loads off just now.

fuzzer said:
your right .. id wait till the facelift.

its enough to devalue it when you come to sell it unless your getting loads off just now.

That's my thinking. If the changes are only very minor/cosmetic (as they appear to be), then its not worth shelling out for the extra... and I'd imagine the pre-facelift models will come down in price in the next couple of months (i.e. a good time to buy a pre-facelift 280 from MBDirect)

If the changes are more significant, then I might wait a bit longer to get one after its been run in by some MB exec and then sold through MBD.

I read somewhere that the SBS system might be discontinued in the facelift models?

I see that it has exposed tail pipes - unless perhaps its a E55 ? (Wheels only look like 16's so I doubt its a 55)

Not immediately keen on changes, but thats to be expected as I have the original. No doubt they will grow on me and they will one day make me think my car is now old....

those "spy photos" are obvious photoshops anyway, I'd not rely on them!

Face lift looks great - new front bumper looks similar to the AMG design - car looks fresher and the rear clusters really differentaite the face lift from the current model. Looks more agressive and the exhaust tails pipes look good. Side skirts been tweaked too.

Wait for the facelift one (no wonder current ones are going soo cheap/big discounts...)

It looks good (changes to the fonrt/rear are not subtle...) :cool:

the zacster said:
That's my thinking. If the changes are only very minor/cosmetic (as they appear to be), then its not worth shelling out for the extra... and I'd imagine the pre-facelift models will come down in price in the next couple of months (i.e. a good time to buy a pre-facelift 280 from MBDirect)
I tend to doubt MB Direct would bomb the price until the new ones start coming to them too, in perhaps 9 mths time.

MB having been doing deals for a while now on E Class, so there may not be too many current shape unallocated cars left in the system, so you'd have to be pretty flexible about colour and spec.

well , your looking at a discount of about £4400 off an E Class at the moment anyway

Flash said:
Face lift looks great - new front bumper looks similar to the AMG design - car looks fresher and the rear clusters really differentaite the face lift from the current model. Looks more agressive and the exhaust tails pipes look good. Side skirts been tweaked too.

Wait for the facelift one (no wonder current ones are going soo cheap/big discounts...)

It looks good (changes to the fonrt/rear are not subtle...) :cool:

The side skirts look identical to current Avantgarde ones (they are same as the ones on my car).

And the current 'Sport' variant has those exhaust tails, so from what we have so far, there is no saying for sure that this will happen across the complete model range.

not too keen on the rear clusters.....

Fady said:
The side skirts look identical to current Avantgarde ones (they are same as the ones on my car).

And the current 'Sport' variant has those exhaust tails, so from what we have so far, there is no saying for sure that this will happen across the complete model range.

My guesses are that all 211s will get the modifoed side skirts (like that of the Avantgarde) on the Classic/Elegance trim as well - this is exactly what happend to the W203 - so therefore side skirts have been tweaked. Will be interesting to see if all trims lines/models come with the the exhausts as shown - The face lift car looks very fresh/different from the front and it is noticable. Reason I think that the exterior cosmetics have been changed so much is to make the car appear more fresher to try and catch up with 5 Series sales...

JFleming said:
Those rear clusters aren't nice at all..
It looks like someone has tried to make them clear/colourless in photoshop and failed.

the zacster said:
Does anyone have any info on what's planned for this summer's E-class facelift? The pages on the web suggest that the changes will be very minor (and largely cosmetic)...but if anyone knows any more (e.g. spec changes?) I'd be keen to hear it, as I'm planning to buy an e-class estate (280CDI) reasonably soon but might hold off if the facelift involved some significant changes...

MB have announced new lighting technology for the E-Class, much improves night time vision and cornering vison allegedly.

I assume this will appear on the E-Class facelift

R

I have LEDs at the top half of the light cluster. Looks as if these are being replaced?

KillerHERTZ said:

The Rear Cluster looks good in my opinion (a must have mod for the pre facelift cars...). Also, SL R230 is due for a face lift and the pics I saw in Auto Car magazine also appear have to a modifed rear cluster - the Front bumper has also been chanaged on the R230.

I'm surprised that MB did not do a major change to the face lift rear cluster on the W203 (they did it on the C203).

Shude said:
those "spy photos" are obvious photoshops anyway, I'd not rely on them!

I gree, some of the lines and proportions are wrong and the rear lights are red in one shot and grey in the next one of the same car.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom