E class goodwill claim

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ceejay

Car
E350 CDI
I have successfully had a goodwill claim approved for my 2001 S210 E class estate:

Front arches (new wings)
Rear arches
Tailgate
Bonnet edges
Roof (by tailgate hinges)

This was all approved painlessly by MB Chichester who I have found very helpful. Their work is contracted out to Triangle Sprays of Cadnam who also seem very helpful but I have yet to experience the quality of their work.

In addition to the goodwill work, Triangle have quoted me for:

Repair and paint stonechipped bonnet
Repair and paint stonechipped roof
Repair and paint stonechipped roof sides
Repair and paint doors (4) inc one which has a rust bubble and minor dents on all

The total estimate is the thick end of £1400, my questions are:

a) Is this a reasonable amount for the work required?

and

b) Is it worth doing on a 7 year old, 150k mile car?

Any thoughts/suggestions would be appreciated.

Chris

cost sounds OK for the work being done, i suggest maybe getting this done later once you have seen the example of their work from the goodwill claim?

whether its worth it depends on what value YOU put on your car and how long you plan to keep it i guess.

That doesn't sound unreasonable to me but maybe they can give a bit as they are already working on the car.
If proceding i would have the whole job done at once as there will be no shade differences then.

Brings back memories

E300TDGettingRepaired001.jpg

E300TDGettingRepaired002.jpg

E300TDGettingRepaired003.jpg

Thanks for the advice guys, nice to know the figure is reasonable. I suspected it was but good to have it confirmed.

Getting it all done in one go was my intention, I don't want to have shade differences and it make sense to minimise the amount of work, especially after seeing your pictures showing how much stripping will be needed 230K!

Thanks for the advice guys, nice to know the figure is reasonable. I suspected it was but good to have it confirmed.

Getting it all done in one go was my intention, I don't want to have shade differences and it make sense to minimise the amount of work, especially after seeing your pictures showing how much stripping will be needed 230K!

Hope it goes well. Please don't use up too much of their goodwill - there are a couple of things I want to ask MB Chi to take a benevolent look at.:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom