E-class headlights need a good buffing.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mercutioedes

Car
E220D Avantgarde
Ladies and gents, as I'm sure you will be able to tell I am new to this forum. :dk: I'm new to owning a Mercedes but oh my god I think I'm going to be hooked:- yes it's only the E220d Avantgarde and yes it's only a '99 reg but my gosh is it lovely to drive compared to my Citroen Xantia (which died the other day by the way :doh: :wallbash:).

I have found (through a google search) this thread which gave me a bit of info about shining up my headlights on the car but I wanted to ask of any ideas that you guys could present for shining the headlights with any 'household' methods. Failing that I am willing to go down to my local Halfords and get something a bit more made-for-the-job but I'm trying my best to keep the costs down.

This is something I probably shouldn't get used to with a Merc I know but I'm going to try my best to keep the cost of ownership down.

Any ideas on the headlights would be much appreciated. Also if there are any other tips for keeping an ageing Mercedes E220D Avantgarde on the road they would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks in anticipation for any responses.

Mercutioedes.

:rock:

Xerapol.

Welcome to the forum.

You could try XERAPOL scratch remover which is very good.

Link to ebay listings HERE.

Paul.

Last edited:
Ive used the xerapol and its pretty good BUT if its badly scored you will need some very fine wet and dry as well you do get a very small piece with the xerapol paste so should be easy enough to source a larger piece.

Lynall

Ive used the xerapol and its pretty good BUT if its badly scored you will need some very fine wet and dry as well you do get a very small piece with the xerapol paste so should be easy enough to source a larger piece.

Lynall

Yes, it is 1600 wet and dry that comes with Xerapol.
I managed to buy 1500 grade from Halfords for a large area of glass that I de-scratched.

You could read this thread, how to refurb your lights..

I know there is a kit we can buy for plastic lenses but what is the way around for Glass, I have seen W124's with very shiny headlights.....hmmm.... can anyone help...

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom