E class Indicators

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jsl

Car
E280 CDI Avantgarde
Can anyone offer any ideas?
E class 2005. One year ago the LHS indicators started to give a infrequent fault with the usual quick flash sounds and the relevant bulbs not lighting - the lower spot light flashed in the place of the indicators. This usually corrected itself on restart and the "malfunction" was corrected and nothing more happened for a couple of months. This situation was reported to the service personal but as the fault was not there at the time nothing was done.

Today this has become a permanent situation with the LHS always reporting a fault (bulb out) each time the indicators to the left are used.

The RHS operate perfectly. The hazard flashers work and sound correct but lack the LHS lamps.

Would welcome some idea of where to start the search to remedy this fault or advice from anyone who knows of/or sufferred from the same problems.

Many thanks in advance

Thank you for your reply.
The folding mirror works (I very rarely use this folding funcion) as does the amber indicator light located in the mirror.

Could it be faulty bulb/dirty connection in the indicator itself? Probably the front one if a front fog is being substituted.

There's other posts here regarding folding mirror wires getting wasted... maybe just the indicator wire is spoilt?...

I think ceejay is on the right lines in that case. The OP has discounted the fault at the mirror, therefore we have to suspect the problem originates at the indicator units at either end.

I would recommend (as ceejay does) removing the indicator lamps themselves and checking for a good clean contact, and also check that the lamp itself is good. Filament lamps can break but then make temporary contact again if the two filament pieces touch.

Thank you for all your suggestions and advice. Cleaned contacts and all was good for 2 days then dipped beam failed. Took it to Merc and they said new xenon required.

Thank you - your input was very helpful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom