E Class Missing Service Record

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sgh

Car
E Class Cabriolet E220d 2020
Was about the pull the trigger on a 63 plate E-Class (14k miles) from a main Merc dealer & asked about the Service History.
Was told that they can tell from the car computer that it has had a 1st service but this hasn't been carried out by Mercedes & hence does not show on their history. They even went as far as to ring the previous owner but he was less than co-operative apparently.
Mercedes claim this will not affect the price or any future value but I am sceptical. They would do a B service which is due before I get it but the question is buy or walk away?

Was about the pull the trigger on a 63 plate E-Class (14k miles) from a main Merc dealer & asked about the Service History.
Was told that they can tell from the car computer that it has had a 1st service but this hasn't been carried out by Mercedes & hence does not show on their history. They even went as far as to ring the previous owner but he was less than co-operative apparently.
Mercedes claim this will not affect the price or any future value but I am sceptical. They would do a B service which is due before I get it but the question is buy or walk away?

Walk, got to be plenty others available for sale.

Why would anyone be unwilling to tell on a cars history, or indeed get it serviced, less so a couple of year old Merc. Walk..........

Walk
I'm amazed that the main dealers try to sell cars like this

I thought approved used had to have full MB history

Definitely walk. Have heard horror stories of new cars being heavily clocked before the first service is due/before car goes near any data equipment that might log things

Shouldn't be selling cars with questionable history like that as an approved used

I've walked! This is a Kent based rather large Mercedes dealer with a fair few branches.

The search continues!

Happened to me. Bought a car from a main dealer advertised as MBFSH only to find on collection day it wasn't and was promised the missing service details would be sent to me. That never happened but I got a substantial service done FOC. Even then I had to ask to get the fronts discs changed as they were below thickness limit and they then lied twice about a pollen filter change which was in the internal invoice!! Got them to send it to me in the end and did it myself. I just cannot and will not trust main dealers. They are so full of themselves, lie, cheat, break the law (let me test drive the car with no MOT and later found out trade plates didn't cover it) and rip you off with extortionate labour prices and do a half **** job. Waste of time and money. Every main dealer I have used has given me some sort of aggregation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom