E Class Recall

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Brian WH

MB Enthusiast
Car
JAGUAR XF 3.0D Premium Luxury
Mercedes Dealership has recalled my E Class. I do not know why although they said it would take 30 minutes and was NOT safety related? :confused:

I think it may be this one although my car is July 2010.

"Mercedes-Benz has recalled 22,355 C-Class and E-Class cars in the UK due to a potential problem with their power steering systems.

The recall affects C-Class Saloon and Estate models, and E-Class Saloon, Estate, Coupé and Cabriolet models built between June 2009 and February 2010.

Our technicians in Stuttgart have identified a problem with the seal housing in the power steering pump, which may work itself loose on some vehicles. Any gradual loss of power steering fluid is generally accompanied by a noise from the power steering pump and could result in the power steering feeling sluggish, a problem drivers are most likely to notice when parking. The car will remain steerable at all times.

Mercedes-Benz UK spokesman Rob Halloway stressed that the recall was purely precautionary.

“We are writing to all affected owners inviting them to bring their vehicle in to their local Official Workshop for a check-up.”

The repair work should take no longer than 30 minutes and involves a simple check and if necessary tightening the affected seal housing. All work will be carried out free of charge".

Anyone else had theirs recalled.

Mine is going in next week.

had that on an e coupe last year, they did it when upgrading comand software

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom