E Class S211 Parking Sensor Plug Water Seals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

e220estate

Car
E220 Estate 2006 S211 T model
Hi All,
Simple question - can you buy spares of the orange water seals that sit on the parking sensor plugs? I have had a hunt but can't turn up anything. Invariably mine get trapped/chewed-up on removal/replacement and I need to replace them as/when the sensors die. TIA
Brian

Hi,
They don't list this in the EPC, or even the individual connector, as you can only buy the whole PDC loom (front or rear).
You could try using a suitable sized circular O ring, but I think I would just use some self amalgamating tape around the plug/socket if you feel the IP integrity has been compromised.

Hi Andy,
Thanks for the confirmation - I thought so as I couldn't find them any where :(. I will try the small, thin 'O' ring solution and fall back on the amalgamating tape route if that doesn't work :thumb:. I have both but the plug-to-socket wall gap is very small and I guess this is why MB use a very soft seal with several lands. Seems like poor design because these will always eventually split when you remove the plug because of the grab effect.
Brian

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom