E Class Upgrading speakers 1998

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rirhill

Car
Mercedes E350 CDI Estate
Anyone has upgraded the speakers or know how many speakers there are would be grateful.

Thanks
Ian

I would first upgrade the Headunit, this will make an immense difference!!

As koolvin says...

Also, amplifying the OEM speakers can yield fairly good results considering.

There are 2 front door speakers, 2 rear door speakers, 2 dash tweeters/2 door post tweeters, then depending on the year you will have either 4 6.5" sub cut-outs on the rear shelf or 2 6x9 cut-outs.

Unless you have a Bose sound system, the rear shelf speakers may not be there at all, if you have a late car, and if you have an early one, it will only have 2 mounted.

Unless you have a fat wedge of cash, slowly upgrading your system, piece by piece is the way to go...

Upgrade your front speakers and headunit first always...

;)

I'll read the post title next time...

As yours is a 1998, the early setup applies, with 4 6.5" subs on the rear shelf...

;)

My car is a 1998 C240 . I have set up the audio system and it sounds wicked. I normally listen to dance R'n'B in the car and it does sound great :D

Ive not upgraded the speakers at all , but i fo have a £400 nakimichi cd head unit. On comparing it to others including , blaupunkt , sony and maybe even alpine , it left them all sounding flat.

Well worth tracking down a nak headunit if you like your sounds.

Fuzzer, very nice bit of kit is nackamichi.

i used to have an MB-75 (6 cd in dash headunit)

What is yours, a CD-40/45Z i expect...

Happy listening:)

I have the 45Z . The bulid quality is a little iffy ( must be built in italy or something or they must eat pizza in the factory) but the sound is amasing.

:D - 20-bit D/A converters with 8-times oversampling digital filters... ;) :D

;) :p hey, i just about left the front door to see the fireworks on new years eve, does that count;)

Hi
I've got a 1999 E55 with Bose and found out ony this week that I dont have any speakers in the dash - the grills are there but nowt else! The bose sounds good though. Would adding dash speakers improve it any??

They are not dash speakers, they are tweeters only.

The 210 has a couple of different mountings for tweeters and i dont honestly know why, but being bose you will already have a set of tweeters somewhere, maybe even a centre screen one...

So, the sound will not be improved any...
;)

Just wondering, as the 140's (only ones fitted with bose) have a centre tweeter behind the interior mirror and not two seperate tweeters on the dash...

Just checked some speakers i have in the house, and the ones i have here with 210 part numbers are from an ML, so the speakers used by bose in ML's and 210's are the same apart from the plastic mounting bracket.

They use a coaxial driver with the tweeter mounted in the centre of the mid/bass driver.

BTW, your mid/bass driver has a huge magnet for the size of it :D :bannana:

Thanks for all your comments. I have a wicked Keenwood MD Head Unit the one that turns itself back to front. I have 10 Stack in the boot. But the sound sounds bias to the left so have had to change the balance. Am I right in believing I have 6 speakers.
I like a bassy sound any recommends please and thanks for all
your input. The head unit is a good one but I would prefer not to put an amp in if possible in my pride and joy.

Regards and Thanks again
Ian

The estate has 6 speakers

2 tweeters on the dash and two mids on the front doors and two mids on the back doors.

The saloon has 8 speakers.

2 tweeters on the dash , two mids on the front doors , two mids on the back doors and two subs up the back window with the bias towards the boot.( i.e. upside down.)

If you have the cash , get dynaudio stuff its nice and cheeeep on here ...

www.caraudiodiscount.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom